George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

I thought he was better than anything i could have expected. Some great through balls, powerful runs, still sprinting back after 60 minutes after losing the ball.

And on 75 mins he jogged off at pace to show he could have carried on. Couldn't help but think that was a nod to Rowett.

Cant wait until after the international break now. Hopefully we will be on ten points with Thorne's arrival into the first team squad imminent.

Oh, and he scored. From outside the area. Something we need more of.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Great to see him back and get a goal. Best bit was there was a loose pass, he sprinted back, took the ball off the Sunderland player and waltzed forward with it. Pure class

That was great to see and he almost played a worldy of a through ball but just overcooked it. I still love him more than I can admit to my wife.

I think he played really well yes bit rusty but took his goal well and who think he could play futher up the pitch were will huges use to play. But one or two young players impressed me alex bobes whatever his name looks he could be next ryan giggs in that mould. If gary rowett can not sign no more players perhaps give one or two these players a go.

32 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think he played really well yes bit rusty but took his goal well and who think he could play futher up the pitch were will huges use to play. But one or two young players impressed me alex bobes whatever his name looks he could be next ryan giggs in that mould. If gary rowett can not sign no more players perhaps give one or two these players a go.

Hope there's not any scouts reading this.

7 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Why it bone well for derby future and plus callium guy and max low throw into the mix once fit.

Things do look on the up for Callium Guy, but spare a thought for Valium Guy. On a bit of a downer at the moment.

10 hours ago, Norman said:

I thought he was better than anything i could have expected. Some great through balls, powerful runs, still sprinting back after 60 minutes after losing the ball.

Bit disappointed that it took him 60 minutes to chase back for a ball he'd given away....:D

PistoldPete2

Get him on the bench for our next game? better  option on the bench than Pearce or Baird. Hud can play CB if we get injury. 

Was hoping the U23's had another game before Hull to get him some more minutes. Maybe a behind doors friendly. We are all eager for him to get back but the last thing we want is to rush him back and risk him. A few more U22 games, hopefully a 90min run out. If we can get him back by the end of Sept that would be great. 6pts against Hull and Ipswich would ease any urgency. 

2 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Was hoping the U23's had another game before Hull to get him some more minutes. Maybe a behind doors friendly. We are all eager for him to get back but the last thing we want is to rush him back and risk him. A few more U22 games, hopefully a 90min run out. If we can get him back by the end of Sept that would be great. 6pts against Hull and Ipswich would ease any urgency. 

I think he'll be completely ready in October earliest. He needs more matches under his belt.

12 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

6 points against Hull and Ipswich ???

Archived