Going over OLD ground

NottsRammy

Well ive been accused of writing the most depressing post of 2016 last week and I don't post often lol :).

So here is a stab at writing one early for 2017 !!.

A few points.

1. Why the heck are trying to sign Chris Martin ??. Why do we want LE SULK back . Have we forgotten we collapsed last time under Mac with him in the team. Can we not remember all the threads of chris and ince not seeming to get on together, interesting already isn't it that ince has gone of the boil. Surely its better to move on and get someone new to do the same role.

2. I was at the wigan match , and if you think we played poor because of wigan parked the bus your DELUDED !!. We didn't have the guile or EFFORT to do it. I was shocked at the lack of effort . I tell you what it looked like to me . Bent not trying because he knows he aint wanted ( martin back ) . Hughes was shocking really shocking , If ever a palyer needed to create a bit of magic and drive us forward it was him .....his poor display down to ?  ( Lansbury bid ......no contract for hughes yet ? )

3. Ince very poor blows hot and cold another LE SULK type player , poor display down to ( poss news of martin returning ).

Anya was the only one oh and carson who looked to really try the rest were full of figgy pudding still !!.

We have a side full of mardy prima donnas and it needs a big shake up and I mean big.

For me the sooner Hughes is sold the better and it needs a big manager with some balls to do it as there are far to many rosy eyed fans on hughes ,because its going to create a stink , to be able to change the team around.We seem hell bent on creating AGAIN the same scenario on how we crashed last time . The last 2 games are NOT BLIPS it shows we are not good enough with millions of supposed pounds worth of talent in this squad. There is ONLY one answer there are a lot of players who are not as good as people think they are.Or there good but they decide to try far less often than the average fan would like.

Is this why a certain manager not long ago insisted on buying young hungry players who at leat wanted it but yes didn't have the sublime skill . Me personally I would sooner watch a bunch of triers for my ticket money.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell you what I would do.

1. don't bother with martin.

2. sell bent, hughes,ince.

3. Put a good hold up striker with vydra and give vydra a good run in the team and get a new midfield playmaker in.

4 and yes a left back seeing as we short on cover.

That must have been eating you up, waiting for our unbeaten run to post that tripe.

Have you considered that after the efforts this team has put in over the last 3 months maybe we have run out of steam a bit.

Re the Martin/Ince thing would you like to give us all some stats to mull over?

The fact that you even consider trying to use Pearsons tenure as a positive makes it clear that you are just looking for any stick to beat the club with.

Personally, I hope you ask for a ticket refund and go and find this bunch of triers that you talk of. I don't remember you as being a vocal supporter of things when we had Clough in charge of a team of triers.

I agree with most of this except your belief that rumours of Martin coming back unsettled key players. It is the old story of not knowing how to beat a team that puts 10 behind the ball. The lack of movement off the ball is appalling.

I watched the Giroud goal and brilliant as it was the key for me was the way Arsenal had 7 players busting a gut to get from their box to the oppositions. Defences hate movement from attackers. We sit still. 

10 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

3. Put a good hold up striker with vydra and give vydra a good run in the team and get a new midfield playmaker in.

Bugger off Pearson, you've already done enough damage you utter maniac.

52 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

1. Why the heck are trying to sign Chris Martin ??. Why do we want LE SULK back . Have we forgotten we collapsed last time under Mac with him in the team. 

Would just like to point out Derby were top of the league under Mcclaren when Martin got injured at Bournemouth, and I think he played 1 more game that season.

Just saying....

Can't comment about the OP's views on Martin because I haven't seen hardly anything of him playing for Derby (new fan). I'm prepared to get behind Martin if he came back and see what happens.

Agree with some points about the Wigan game and our gameplay in general. I do think we miss guile and ideas in the side but overall the effort cannot be questioned, other than first half v Wigan which was lethargic to say the least.

Hughes wasn't shocking v Wigan. He gave a few sloppy passes away but overall he was busy trying to make things happen. He can't do it all on his own. I particularly enjoyed the little cruyf turn dragback thingy (getting technical now :p) that he did to bamboozle their full back at the corner flag second half. Why would you consider selling perhaps the best player in the side?

Ince does blow hot and cold but if we hadn't had him blowing hot the last few months we'd be in a spot of bother. Players are allowed unproductive games so long as they are still 'putting it in'.

Agree, Anya and Carson were our best players v Wigan.

Also disagree about the evaluation of our side and prospects. We have a top 6 squad but would benefit from one or two of the right additions as well as some players giving us a little bit more more often. Given all that top 6 shouldn't be an issue.

Don't panic everyone. We're halfway through the season now and emerged through the Pearson tenure and will emerge from this mini slump some fans seem to think we're having for some odd reason. It will all work out in the end I'm sure.

If it doesn't .So long as both the fans and players have give it their best then that's all you can ask.

1 hour ago, NottsRammy said:

If that is a serious post then your second point is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen put in writing on this forum. If you think selling Hughes AND Ince would be beneficial to this team then I can only assume you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Dross of the highest order.

We will always capitulate at some point with SM because there is no bloody plan B! This squad is set up for 4-3-3 and struggles as we seen under Clement and Pearson under any other formation, once teams work us out, we are clueless, and even under our decent run, SM pointed out that we are not firing on all cylinders yet

I admire your passion..but I'd suggest we attempted to do a lot of what you suggest and it was a disaster.

We got rid of Martin, seemed to sideline players like Ince or Jacob who didn't appear to be 'triers' or have obvious 'movement'.. got a new pacey striker and tried to get the ball forward quickly. 

Steve has come back, turned a sinking ship round and after a blip you are saying he has it all wrong, we were headed in the right direction. 

I agree the run has covered some vulnerabilities but throwing the whole thing out is crazy. Few tweaks,  couple of loans...see where we are in the summer. Got to stop lurching from one thing to another.

20 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If that is a serious post then your second point is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen put in writing on this forum. If you think selling Hughes AND Ince would be beneficial to this team then I can only assume you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Dross of the highest order.

Didn't you know that hard work is more important than quality? That's the important lesson we took from the successful spell under Pearson...

Oh wait...

Well ive been accused of writing the most depressing post of 2016 last week and I don't post often lol :).

A few points.

1. Why the heck are trying to sign Chris Martin ??. Why do we want LE SULK back . Have we forgotten we collapsed last time under Mac with him in the team. Can we not remember all the threads of chris and ince not seeming to get on together, interesting already isn't it that ince has gone of the boil. Surely its better to move on and get someone new to do the same role.

2. I was at the wigan match , and if you think we played poor because of wigan parked the bus your DELUDED !!. We didn't have the guile or EFFORT to do it. I was shocked at the lack of effort . I tell you what it looked like to me . Bent not trying because he knows he aint wanted ( martin back ) . Hughes was shocking really shocking , If ever a palyer needed to create a bit of magic and drive us forward it was him .....his poor display down to ?  ( Lansbury bid ......no contract for hughes yet ? )

3. Ince very poor blows hot and cold another LE SULK type player , poor display down to ( poss news of martin returning ).

Anya was the only one oh and carson who looked to really try the rest were full of figgy pudding still !!.

We have a side full of mardy prima donnas and it needs a big shake up and I mean big.

For me the sooner Hughes is sold the better and it needs a big manager with some balls to do it as there are far to many rosy eyed fans on hughes ,because its going to create a stink , to be able to change the team around.We seem hell bent on creating AGAIN the same scenario on how we crashed last time . The last 2 games are NOT BLIPS it shows we are not good enough with millions of supposed pounds worth of talent in this squad. There is ONLY one answer there are a lot of players who are not as good as people think they are.Or there good but they decide to try far less often than the average fan would like.

Is this why a certain manager not long ago insisted on buying young hungry players who at leat wanted it but yes didn't have the sublime skill . Me personally I would sooner watch a bunch of triers for my ticket money.

oh dear , the sort of derby fan who crawls out from under their stone when we lose , you are absolutely priceless , little tip for you , find something else to do on matchdays and leave the rest of us to do what we are supposed to do and SUPPORT the Rams

So you'd sell a player who averages a goal every 2.6 games and is our highest scorer this season, then play with a big man/poacher combo up front???

Hello Nigel, how's your break been???

3 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

A few points.

1. He's our player. Would cost more to get in a player who's scored 50+ goals in 3 seasons. We want a player who drops in. We want a scorer. We have one under contract but out on loan. Saves money and low risk "signing". He was injured in the season of collapse. When we started struggling he wasn't in the team

2. So we put just enough effort in to draw 0-0? Did we go on this run because other teams weren't trying? Why would our players stop trying? Don't want promotion? Successful careers? A place in the team? 

3. Been a huge player for us this season. Why do people think they can tell his mood by his face and walk. Have you ever seen him skipping about smiling. Doesn't get on with Martin, what evidence?? Anything at all?? What exactly is it about his game that's poor? He's statistically created the most chances and scored the most goals. 

As an average fan I'm not sure how you measure effort. Is it by running? Did Man City try at Liverpool? Did Norwich try at Pride Park? Did Derby try in the last dozen games? Again, how do you measure effort? 

Ah! Will Hughes. That bad apple. That guy who before he appeared we had Bryson and Hendrick chasing shadows. The fella who whenever dropped by McClaren between 2013-2015 soon found himself recalled. The fella who ranks high in chances created, passes, passes forward, pass accuracy, tackles made and tackle success amongst all Derby players. The guy who was MotM against Birmingham. The guy who's absence coincided with the two biggest struggles of this run (Fulham and Norwich). A guy who's 21 and England an under 21 international

I think the problem is you're expectation and interpretation of the team we are and the players we have. 

This team has been in the second tier for a decade. The last time we had a trip to the top tier we were destroyed. Before that you have a 5 year stint that ended in 2002. There are no reasons to believe we belong anywhere else. 

These players were assembled in the Championship. If they were miles too good for this league then they wouldn't be playing in it. So they are about Championship level. Or somewhere between mid PL and mid league 1 depending on where form takes them and what team carries them. You could say this about pretty much the entire league. This makes it competitive. This is the whole point of the league system. 

My point is there's no huge gaps in quality between us and any of our opponents. If we play at 70% and the opponent is at 90%... we lose. And when you play 46+ games in 10 months you go through different fitness levels, different confidence levels, you get injuries, suspensions etc. You have to use 17, 18, 19+ players. 

It's up to a manager to manage the level of performance. He has to get out the fittest, most confident, most able team every match. It won't always be the same team and sometimes the team he sends out will lack fitness, confidence or ability. And sometimes he'll pick the wrong team. Sometimes the players will do everything right but the organisation is wrong. 

Very very very rarely does a player at this level decide he can't be arsed. 

If you were paid that money and your career was this fickle and every move you made was analysed... would you have many days when you didn't try?

Archived