Your favorite ever Rams player .

Curtains

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am trying to think of the evolution of my favourite player through time.  There are players I am not necessarily proud of now and it is in no way complete but here goes.

Kevin Wilson, Jeff Chandler, Phil Gee, Mel Sage Ted McMinn, Dean Saunders, Ted McMinn, Marco Gabbiadini, Aljosa Asanovic, Paolo Wanchope, Seth Johnson, Malcolm Christie,Tom Huddlestone, Inigo Idiakez, Seth Johnson, Miles Addison, Will Hughes, George Thorne, Jeff Hendrick, George Thorne.

Asanovic - Sublime footballer. He and Will Hughes in the same side would've been some sight.

But that era under Jim Smith where we had so many ridiculously gifted footballers such as Eranio, Baiano, Wanchope and Stimac was I think for most Derby fans (especially those of us not lucky enough to have witnessed the club's heydays under Clough) a particularly special time.

Close call between Sturridge and Igor.

Sturridge - Despite the hamstrings, he was on fire from 95-99. Tore some of the best defenders to pieces with his pace. Shame he never went on to bigger things and his career went down the swanny once he left.

Igor -   IMO the reason things turned around in the 95/96 season. He was an absolute beast in that defence and a proper leader. Very surprised he hasn't had much success in management.

2 hours ago, Papahet said:

Close call between Sturridge and Igor.

Sturridge - Despite the hamstrings, he was on fire from 95-99. Tore some of the best defenders to pieces with his pace. Shame he never went on to bigger things and his career went down the swanny once he left.

Igor -   IMO the reason things turned around in the 95/96 season. He was an absolute beast in that defence and a proper leader. Very surprised he hasn't had much success in management.

I loved Sturridge, watching THAT goal against Palace still gives me goose bumps now as do the Leeds goal at the BBG, the goal at Highbury and the one against the Gunners at PP plus many more. As much as I loved him and in my very very humble opinion he stayed with us too long and was here when we started to decline, I think if he'd of moved to a bigger club circa 97/98 he may well of gone onto bigger things and at the age of 24-25 would of been coming into his prime.

2 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I loved Sturridge, watching THAT goal against Palace still gives me goose bumps now as do the Leeds goal at the BBG, the goal at Highbury and the one against the Gunners at PP plus many more. As much as I loved him and in my very very humble opinion he stayed with us too long and was here when we started to decline, I think if he'd of moved to a bigger club circa 97/98 he may well of gone onto bigger things and at the age of 24-25 would of been coming into his prime.

Aah.. that game against Palace. In the recent DCFC survey into TV games, one of the questions was your favourite TV match.  This is the one I picked. 

Archived