Your favorite ever Rams player .

Curtains

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, therealhantsram said:

Aah.. that game against Palace. In the recent DCFC survey into TV games, one of the questions was your favourite TV match.  This is the one I picked. 

Aaaah missed that one, although I went I think I still have it on VHS somewhere I watched it over and over when I got home that day. From watching the match back one of the most noticeable things I remember is when they scored and he commentator shouting 'Kenny Browwwnnnnn'. One of the best games I've ever been too.

Great question and boy have we seen some amazing players. Highly commended I shall pick the quartet of Roy Mac, Charlie George, Daviid Nish and Mark Wright, but my favourite ever Derby player has to be Colin Todd. I modelled my game on his brilliance, which meant I also became pretty good.

I started watching Derby in my late teens. I loved watching Paul Kitson who I regarded as more skilful than Tommy or Marco. 

I know he isn't on the same level as all the other names on here (and he appears unpopular for many).  But he was the first Derby player who was my favourite.

I remember one Saturday taking an old toy train to a 2nd hand shop to raise money for a Derby ticket.  I got a Derby ticket cheap outside the ground from a guy flogging a spare season ticket holders ticket so had money for a pie too.

We watched Kitson jink into the box and lift the ball over the keeper and in. I was very happy!

Gutted when he went to Newcastle and became a reserve. 

1 hour ago, feisty said:

I started watching Derby in my late teens. I loved watching Paul Kitson who I regarded as more skilful than Tommy or Marco. 

I know he isn't on the same level as all the other names on here (and he appears unpopular for many).  But he was the first Derby player who was my favourite.

I remember one Saturday taking an old toy train to a 2nd hand shop to raise money for a Derby ticket.  I got a Derby ticket cheap outside the ground from a guy flogging a spare season ticket holders ticket so had money for a pie too.

We watched Kitson jink into the box and lift the ball over the keeper and in. I was very happy!

Gutted when he went to Newcastle and became a reserve. 

Nice story...just can't believe how different people can see things. 

Marco wore his heart on his sleeve for me, I loved his power and his desire to get a goal, and really identified with him. Tommy was a loveable, happy go-lucky character who I was gutted to see leave.

Kitson . .is in my top 3 least favourite players. Miserable,  underachieving, powder puff waste of money!! 

Opinions eh!!

Indeed

I agree Marco wore his heart on his sleeve.  I remember him bulldozing through defenders! Marco was a one goal in 4 games player and never quite had the skill to back up his desire for me; albeit I did enjoy watching him

Johnson started slowly for me but then came very good towards the end of his time with us and ended up being a 1 goal in 2 games player. 

Kitson was a 1 goal in 3 games player. I'm a little bit shy and not particularly strong so I always identified with the quieter types of player that try and use what brain they had to make up for a lack of brawn.  I always felt that was Kitson so I guess that's why I identified with him

Ace Asanovic.  To think, in those days you could sign a current Croatian international for around £600k.  Madness.  I can remember sitting watching him play at the Council Shed in Euro 96 thinking "this guy looks amazing, can't believe we've signed him".  Turned out , he was amazing.  Loved his Lotto Futura boots as well, always regretted not getting a pair myself...

19 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Ace Asanovic.  To think, in those days you could sign a current Croatian international for around £600k.  Madness.  I can remember sitting watching him play at the Council Shed in Euro 96 thinking "this guy looks amazing, can't believe we've signed him".  Turned out , he was amazing.  Loved his Lotto Futura boots as well, always regretted not getting a pair myself...

Me too, cant find any reference to them anywhere at all. I can remember always wanting them. I don't believe in regrets but this is certainly one.

14 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Me too, cant find any reference to them anywhere at all. I can remember always wanting them. I don't believe in regrets but this is certainly one.

Lotto do a boot called the same at the moment but they're not a patch on the all black with green heel ones, they were the mutt's nuts!!!

Archived