Clough and Burton

Ramz64

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Him leaving is best all round. Some Burton fans seem to think he's the saviour, forgetting that his part in getting to this level was pretty minimal. Others think he's now totally out of his depth. He managed to make a good fist of it early season but they've been in decline for a while and he can't save them. A new man just might. Wonder if Rowett would return? Nigel could actually save Forest though, come in, take everything back to basics and get them enough points to stay up. Watching this with great anticipation.

9 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Ignoring my bet, and what I think of the gumps, Clough is the manager they need. He could steady that ship until the end of the season, like others have said though, I can't see him being afforded the time we gave him.

Aye, seems the perfect fit.

Until you factor in the Fawazfactor, to go from Ben Ribinson to him seems insanity.

Although Clough is the manager Forest desperately need at this moment in time, the converse doesn't hold true, especially with Forest having an owner who makes Donald Trump look quite reasonable and sane.

I don't understand their thinking. Why go for Clough when it's obvious their immediate aim (next season) is promotion?

If they wanted to go down the 'build a club' route, why did they sack Pearce... Or even Montanier? Both of those managers placed a lot of trust in the club's younger players.

Bizarre.

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I don't understand their thinking. Why go for Clough when it's obvious their immediate aim (next season) is promotion - from league 1?

If they wanted to go down the 'build a club' route, why did they sack Pearce... Or even Montanier? Both of those managers placed a lot of trust in the club's youth players due to necessity?

Bizarre.

1 hour ago, Mick Harford said:

Aye, seems the perfect fit.

Until you factor in the Fawazfactor, to go from Ben Ribinson to him seems insanity.

He'd be utterly bonkers to work for that chump and leave Robinson again. Strikes as going from one of the more reasonable chairman to work with to an utter lunatic.

If I was Clough I'd think long and hard, as do wonder if Ben would be prepared to take him back a 3rd time!

25 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I don't understand their thinking. Why go for Clough when it's obvious their immediate aim (next season) is promotion?

If they wanted to go down the 'build a club' route, why did they sack Pearce... Or even Montanier? Both of those managers placed a lot of trust in the club's younger players.

Bizarre.

Because the name clough still carries the same weight there as it did here (for some)

One final attempt from fawaz to win back or win over the fans. So obvious you can see it from space.

Archived