Clough and Burton

Ramz64

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

All depends on whether nigel is ambitious, loyal , burned out, or absolutely flippin bonkers.

50:50

But the timing is poor by fawaz. Deliberately missing the transfer window?

FTFY

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think he'll go to forest.

I'd punt on Burton appointing a young coach who works out OK, even if they go down they maintain their sustainable approach and are still decent in league 1.

As for Nigel at Forest, he will keep them up this season, but it'll all end in tears in less than 2 years.

I'd love Clough to take the gumps down and Rowett to go back to Burton until the end of the season and somehow keep them up.

That would be too funny.

35 minutes ago, eddie said:

When was that?

Reckon it was before you were born eddie, its gumplaw history, passed down by generations, generally distorted into some sort of chariots of fire legend.

They will make a film about it one day next and it will break all box office, oh wait..

There's no way Forest are going down, whether they bring in Clough or not. There's too much talent in their squad to be slugging it out with the likes of Rotherham, Wigan, and Burton. I will be surprised if Clough takes the job though. I always thought that hell would freeze over before he agreed to work for someone like Fawaz and I thought he would at least see out one full Championship season with Burton out of respect and a sense of duty to Ben Robinson.

Archived