Clough and Burton

Ramz64

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Guessing that your bet is still love as the market is 'next permanent manager'.

So are you going to share who you think the next Burton manager is going to be so I can get a bet on?!

The bet is settled unfortunately as Brazil was named to the end of the season, which is 10 games

On 19/02/2017 at 11:23, RadioactiveWaste said:

Would be a good move for both parties if Nigel should fall on his sword.

Perhaps we could give Nigel a job at the academy?

I disagree. I think Burton have gone as high as it is possible to go given their size. Being manager there is a no win situation.  Only way is down. 

57 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I disagree. I think Burton have gone as high as it is possible to go given their size. Being manager there is a no win situation.  Only way is down. 

I think chairman and fans would be realistic and a good job may well be seen as going decently in league 1, I do agree they probably won't go much higher than now though.

So the name of the thread (clough and burton) have taken 4 points from us this season and kept 2 clean sheets. 

Clough should still be derby manager and we'd be half way up the premiership now and nobody can say otherwise because we've proven to be a failure having invest 150 million and still being in the same position. 

If if clough had that investment we'd be laughing. 

No wonder this threads quiet  

I really don't think we would be in the premier if we still had negative Nigel. Away from home I cant remember us doing so well and he would play for a point too often. If you are chasing promotion you need to try and win every game I think.

Don't get me wrong he did do a good job for us and shouldn't of been sacked but there is nothing to suggest he can spend money wisely and is a good fit for Burton.

He was sacked because the feeling was he had taken us as far as he could. Many have come after him with bigger reputations and undoubtedly had substantially bigger budgets than him to work with...........Still haven't taken us any further than he did.

i would argue we are in a worse state now, big wage bill, big fees paid for players that I doubt any other team would want for any fee similar to that which we paid. And obviously our league position. I'd also throw in there we have a manager that although can produce good football but seems more concerned with acting up to the stereotypical football boss. Cliches here and there and answers like a politician.

15 minutes ago, Simsy said:

I really don't think we would be in the premier if we still had negative Nigel. Away from home I cant remember us doing so well and he would play for a point too often. If you are chasing promotion you need to try and win every game I think.

Don't get me wrong he did do a good job for us and shouldn't of been sacked but there is nothing to suggest he can spend money wisely and is a good fit for Burton.

Not sure how anybody can say he wouldn't spend money wisely, he's never had any anywhere he's been. 

Thats why he gets employed by the clubs he's worked at, he's the man to get a club stable and get decent players from nowhere

10 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Not sure how anybody can say he wouldn't spend money wisely, he's never had any anywhere he's been.

Thats why he gets employed by the clubs he's worked at, he's the man to get a club stable and get decent players from nowhere

I never said he wouldn't spend money wisely either but as you correctly state he has never had any therefore I wouldn't risk giving him 10m 20m or 150m (as garner quoted) to spend.

The reason he gets employed at those clubs is because he is good with a small budget and stabilising clubs which is why I think he is a good fit at Burton.

3 hours ago, Shaftesbury st said:

He was sacked because the feeling was he had taken us as far as he could. Many have come after him with bigger reputations and undoubtedly had substantially bigger budgets than him to work with...........Still haven't taken us any further than he did.

i would argue we are in a worse state now, big wage bill, big fees paid for players that I doubt any other team would want for any fee similar to that which we paid. And obviously our league position. I'd also throw in there we have a manager that although can produce good football but seems more concerned with acting up to the stereotypical football boss. Cliches here and there and answers like a politician.

Play-offs twice, the final once?

Yeah we're in the same league, but primed to be competing for a play-off spot each season, not flirting with top half of the table.

Archived