Clough and Burton

Ramz64

3 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Didn't think for one second it would be underhand.

It just started running through my mind that maybe he's agreed a deal to go, Fawaz has agreed comp package with Ben and part of that agreement was to let Jamie go.

As I said Paul, it's almost certainly total waffle from me ;-)

Well if he has agreed a compensation package hope he actually pays up.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

It just started running through my mind that maybe he's agreed a deal to go, Fawaz has agreed comp package with Ben and part of that agreement was to let Jamie go.

Haven't forest been recalling all their loan players to try and raise funds through sales since the takeover collapsed? Sure that is what I read from Alan Nixon.

49 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I heard something similar a few weeks ago, but it was dependent on the Americans taking over.

Surely Nigel wouldn't take the risk with Fawaz?

7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I heard something similar a few weeks ago, but it was dependent on the Americans taking over.

Surely Nigel wouldn't take the risk with Fawaz?

Sure I read @Mostyn6 say he'd put a bet on it because he'd heard something similar from his hashtagintheknow.

Remember this is same mostyn who claimed deal done for Lansbury to us Bryson to forest blah blah, I laughed so much when he PM me other week to tell me that. I deleted the message straight anyway. 

:lol:

P.S @ronnieronalde I think Wardy want to go back to Forest (that's probably the reason) 

3 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Remember this is same mostyn who claimed deal done for Lansbury to us Bryson to forest blah blah, I laughed so much when he PM me other week to tell me that. I deleted the message straight anyway. 

P.S @ronnieronalde I think Wardy want to go back to Forest (that's probably the reason) 

Come on Del, not really on to bring a private post into a public arena for the purpose of ridicule.

Play the ball, not the man!

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

Come on Del, not really on to bring a private post into a public arena for the purpose of ridicule.

Play the ball, not the man!

K

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

hmm, liar.

Defeat today against Cardiff, dropping into the bottom 3, I think this is the start of the end and they'll stay there until May. Quite a few Brewers fans getting restless with Nigel's apparent lack of interest in bad performances and failure to properly boost the squad from those I speak to.

8 hours ago, Rample said:

Defeat today against Cardiff, dropping into the bottom 3, I think this is the start of the end and they'll stay there until May. Quite a few Brewers fans getting restless with Nigel's apparent lack of interest in bad performances and failure to properly boost the squad from those I speak to.

Sadly I think you are right they will stay in the bottom 3 now. It cannot be easy for clough though, he is in a league competing with teams who can pay 10 million for a player and they probably have all on paying 100,000 for one.

Andy Garners comments on Ward were interesting, along the lines of we've known him a while now and how he fades out of games. Last 3/4 performances haven't been good enough.

Couple coming in on loan, for the money we feel we can get better. 

If you've known him a long time and what he's about, why sign him?

Was initially reported Ward asked to leave, something he denied to Radio Nottingham yesterday. 

4 hours ago, David said:

Andy Garners comments on Ward were interesting, along the lines of we've known him a while now and how he fades out of games. Last 3/4 performances haven't been good enough.

Couple coming in on loan, for the money we feel we can get better. 

If you've known him a long time and what he's about, why sign him?

Was initially reported Ward asked to leave, something he denied to Radio Nottingham yesterday. 

Apparently he had a Chris Baird style fall out with the fans in their last game. Not sure if this was a reason for him leaving though.

I was listening to RD and he was moaning about the challenge on the keeper etc and how it was such bad luck. You see the goal and there absolutely nothing wrong. His side just play exactly like we did, no cutting edge and all huff and puff with nothing to show. His interviews are so predictable and lame, doesn't seem to learn or adapt his managerial style at all.

16 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

I was listening to RD and he was moaning about the challenge on the keeper etc and how it was such bad luck. You see the goal and there absolutely nothing wrong. His side just play exactly like we did, no cutting edge and all huff and puff with nothing to show. His interviews are so predictable and lame, doesn't seem to learn or adapt his managerial style at all.

The main difference being our forward line has cost us about £20m and Burton's about £20k. 

From what I hear, Clough would be right to say Burton have been playing well and deserving of more points, however, it appears confidence and performances are now beginning to dip.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

The main difference being our forward line has cost us about £20m and Burton's about £20k. 

From what I hear, Clough would be right to say Burton have been playing well and deserving of more points, however, it appears confidence and performances are now beginning to dip.

That's the thing though isn't it? Loads of teams in this league can play well and you hear "we deserved more" every weekend. Only thing that matters is how you perform in each box ultimately, Reading passed it everywhere yesterday, where did it get them?

Archived