Clough and Burton

Ramz64

6 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

That's the thing though isn't it? Loads of teams in this league can play well and you hear "we deserved more" every weekend. Only thing that matters is how you perform in each box ultimately, Reading passed it everywhere yesterday, where did it get them?

Yes but not sure you want Clough to say in his post match interviews then?

Sure he would get slated and just came on and said 'we lost because the opposition scored more goals than us'

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listened to Nigel on RD on the way from from the game and despite the predictable "oh woe is me" rubbish, I had a touch of sympathy.

Then I saw the goal and it was nothing but rank bad defending in injury time (and we know a bit about that). That's what gets you relegated, not bad luck.

Andy garner commented along the lines of " now we've got all 11 players working for the team".

looks like there was a tiff with wardy somewhere.

I keep saying it but I really don't see the point in having a dig at him now he's at another club.

A few of you are still happy to slate him even now but in a couple of weeks in the build up to the 28th, if he dares to make a comment that's even slightly interpretable as negative towards Derby or it's CEO just watch all hell break loose on here.

Shocking set of double standards really.

16 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I keep saying it but I really don't see the point in having a dig at him now he's at another club.

A few of you are still happy to slate him even now but in a couple of weeks in the build up to the 28th, if he dares to make a comment that's even slightly interpretable as negative towards Derby or it's CEO just watch all hell break loose on here.

50 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I've got £25 on NC to go home to Forest and become manager. If he does, I will briefly love him more than I ever have. Then, as .Forest boss, he'll have my worried respect (he WILL stabilise them),

Perfect man for Forest right now if you forget Fawaz for a minute, looks like he's also left the door open.

Can't imagine Burton fans would have been happy tbh but realistically he's took Burton as far as they can go without major investment. What is left for him there other than long term job security?

You would feel for Ben Robinson if he left now but I'm sure he would understand and wouldn't stand in his way.

Forest are in a mess both on and off the pitch, when Clough arrived at Derby we were just a mess on the pitch. Risky move given Fawaz's lofty ambitions but then if he can go in, avoid relegation, sort them out and accept he will be sacked next year for being mid table go for it. Will look better on the CV than a relegation.

Hopefully he'll go to the gumps and be hounded out after 12 months before he can build a solid base like he did here for Mac1

I have visions of Nottingump Fawaz in the lower reaches of League one early 2018, managerless, ownerless, with a strike partnership of Theo Robinson and Connor Sammon and facing an eviction order from their shed.

2 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Nigel would be a fool to go to forest, actually anyone with a teaspoon of common sense would not go there.  5 days left in the transfer window and bar one result, they are in utter free fall.

Forest have a stronger squad than Burton, would be easier to keep them up now even without bringing any players in 

Archived