Jordan Rhodes - Signed for Sheff Wed

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Rhodes for £10m or Vydra for £8m. Hmmmmmmmm

I agree. A lot of money for a bench-warmer vs a lot more money for a bench-warmer.

What is the fascination with teams leaving it until the last minute? They've had the entire month. Rhodes has been available for the entire month. What has made them decide that today they will actually go for him while they play in Bristol. If they miss out then they've only themselves to blame & I'd much rather he stayed at Boro than went to SWFC.

9 hours ago, Kernow said:

What is the fascination with teams leaving it until the last minute? They've had the entire month. Rhodes has been available for the entire month. What has made them decide that today they will actually go for him while they play in Bristol. If they miss out then they've only themselves to blame & I'd much rather he stayed at Boro than went to SWFC.

I suppose it is down to a domino effect, once a club signs a target they will sell a player, I guess it is all down to how far down the chain you are. Teams will not want to sell a player and leave themselves short.

14 hours ago, Kernow said:

In this instance it would appear that Wednesday weren't willing to make a move until Villa's interest had cooled off.

They must surely be close to our spending after this transfer.

Abdi, Pudil, Jones, Fletcher, new contracts for Forestieri etc. Least we've balanced the books with Hendrick and co leaving 

Can't stand them to be honest, fans seem to think they're some massive club since a play off final (defeat)

14 hours ago, Papahet said:

They must surely be close to our spending after this transfer.

Abdi, Pudil, Jones, Fletcher, new contracts for Forestieri etc. Least we've balanced the books with Hendrick and co leaving 

Can't stand them to be honest, fans seem to think they're some massive club since a play off final (defeat)

I remember the day's when they were a pretty big club. They hit rock bottom over the last decade or two, I doubt they will ever be able to repeat their former glories, even if they return to the Prem. 

Archived