Jordan Rhodes - Signed for Sheff Wed

Animal is a Ram

1 minute ago, coneheadjohn said:

If Rhodes is £12 million I think we need to renegotiate on the Chris Martin deal.

Martin and 3 million for Rhodes....I think we've had our pants took down.(can't be right).

We got between 2.5-3m for just Martin's loan, and if Fulham make it permanent (which it looks like they will) they'll have to pay another 9m. Looks like we'll get about the same amount for Martin as we might be paying for Rhodes. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

We got between 2.5-3m for just Martin's loan, and if Fulham make it permanent (which it looks like they will) they'll have to pay another 9m. Looks like we'll get about the same amount for Martin as we might be paying for Rhodes. 

No, it was reported as £9m in total (including the loan fee).  See http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/transfer-talk-derby-county-striker-chris-martin-to-join-fulham-in-9m-deal/story-29968569-detail/story.html

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

So where is the money coming from to sign Lansbury and a right back?

10 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Why are you so worried about it? It's not your money, and surely you trust the club not to get themselves into a FFP shaped hole?

Not even sure how much faith you can put in FFP nowadays! Seems to be failing 

Also if we are worried about it and maybe facing an embargo then may be having a final splurge to cover when we can't sign players?! All guesswork though!

Lets see where we're at on 31st Jan

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

A shame, but not surprising.

Always amuses me how one person can one one thing and another can hear the total opposite :D

Astonishing ain't it.

i remember posting on the old DET board that my mate, who used to work at DCFC, text me to say he was 100% told we had signed Billy Jones and Leon knight and it was due to be announced that afternoon. He had never been wrong before and got lots of good info.

14 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

A shame, but not surprising.

Always amuses me how one person can one one thing and another can hear the total opposite :D

Lol.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Good. Would be a waste of money signing someone else who doesn't fit the system at all. 

People keep saying this. He's decent in the air, strong and a proven goal scorer at level. Is there someone else who would be available that fits the system better? 

17 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

People keep saying this. He's decent in the air, strong and a proven goal scorer at level. Is there someone else who would be available that fits the system better? 

He's a £12m Darren Bent. 

1 minute ago, Whoneedshuls said:

If he scores the goals in 3 months to get us up does it really matter ?

could do a glen Murray and bang them in for fun?

I'm not sure about that tbh. It does matter because it means we may have to sign for another one when he retired? That's a question mark. 

Archived