Jordan Rhodes - Signed for Sheff Wed

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, ramexpat said:

Boro have had a 6million bid accepted for Gestede from Villa,, replacement already lined up maybe

I can't believe this guy has wangled another Premier League contract. He's a bang average Championship player who failed miserably last time he tried to make the step up. It's frightening that this is all 6 million will buy you in the current market.

21 minutes ago, Anon said:

I can't believe this guy has wangled another Premier League contract. He's a bang average Championship player who failed miserably last time he tried to make the step up. It's frightening that this is all 6 million will buy you in the current market.

Bang average is being kind to him. 

27 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I'd love Rhodes here. Gestede is not top half Championship quality never mind Prem. Odd signing for Boro.

If Vydra can't score for us then Rhodes has no chance he doesn't even move and the ball rarely goes in the penalty box   

All I've ever seen Rhodes do is try to move a CB to create a gap so he can attack the gap. I've never seen him drop in so others can attack the gap or drop in and act as an attacking midfielder to pull the team forward. 

Are we going to be getting forward enough to put the ball in those gaps without his help? Are we going to recognise those gaps when we do get forward? 

I'd say our experience with Darren Bent says no. 

3 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

I'd give up on Rhodes and go for that Taylor chap at Bristol Rovers. Banging them in left, right and centre. 

A bit like Derek Hales. 

You mean Matty Taylor? If so I did suggested him but I'm not sure whether he's suitable for this system? Looks decent IMO

On Monday, January 02, 2017 at 20:25, Wolfie20 said:

If we're in the market for a target man then the best I've seen at Pride Park this season has been Hogan. Knows we

Here the goal is, physically strong, pacey and can hold up play. Expensive though!

And slightly injury prone .

Archived