McClaren

Day

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He bloody annoyed me towards the end of his previous tenure I've got to admit. 

I got an inkling he might be being considered as a replacement for the class act when I read Mel bigging  him up at some do I believed David attended.

Anyway, such was my relief at Pearson's removal, I thought I'd just roll with it and see how he does. I've got to say I'm very impressed with the team's transformation, now whether they had just packed up playing for Pearson (which I don't want to believe) or they were genuinely confused as ****, I don't know but Mac has got into their heads pretty quickly and the performances and results speak for themselves.

I think the play offs are a realistic target for us now, I wouldn't have thought that too long ago so thank you Mac and good luck for the rest of the season. 

I am going to be honest, I did not think he would change things round so quickly, 6 games in 4 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat, we are in great form at the moment, and some of the football,, we are playing is of the highest standard at this level, long may it continue, but 1 thing I am sure of , is that the players are enjoying playing for him and if we carry on I am sure we will make the play offs, we have a good team, and it seems at long last we have a great team spirit in the squad, and that is all down to Mac.

I Remember when he went man u & giggs said he's the best coach he'd worked with and everyday on the training field was different an enjoyable

maybe we just have a talented bunch of players that enjoy going to training and because they're enjoying their football and have the freedom to go forward then thats rubbing off on results. He seems to be getting the best again out of ince, Johnson & bent i hope it continues. He might not be a tactical genius but he is certainly a top notch coach and he seems to fit 

I really don't know what it is about McClaren and Derby, It just clicks. He hasn't been very successful at all since he left Twente for Wolfsburg after winning the Eredivisie and that was six years ago. Yet here he can be successful and he just gets us playing well despite the fact that a lot of players here now weren't here when he was.

I think he'll appreciate how good he has it here and even though there are much bigger clubs than us, the best thing he could do is just stay as long as possible.

I was very despondent when Mac1 was sacked. I was even more despondent when Pearson was appointed - I knew his approach was never going to work. I was absolutely delighted when Pearson took the exit and ecstatic when Mac2 was appointed. I knew he'd turn it around quickly. I knew I was right. I always am. Anyone fancy going down my local with me for last orders?

Still a "work in progress". We should have won by far more today but we still lack that clinical carnivorous edge of the starving tiger...we're more like hungry kittens content with a bit of warm milk in our bellies rather than stripping the raw flesh from the bones of the opposition. But that will come, hopefully by the time the Red Dogs come to town. :mellow:

Archived