McClaren

Day

35 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

He is definitely weirdo. But if players enjoys playing for him and to each other, long may it continue.

Says the man with the little kitty brolly as his profile pic. ;)

I like him and always have.

And I  can listen to him talking about tactics all day - when he talks about the game you can hear how much he loves football. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I hope this time around after seeing the grass isn't always greener that people understand how we play more. The whole 2014/15 season was filled with panic and worry that we weren't smashing this team or are we good enough for the PL or "We're figured out" and of course after a blip of results "Pearson or Dyche would have this team promoted"

Nonsense.

I've heard the grass is greener in Newcastle.

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

Says the man with the little kitty brolly as his profile pic. ;)

I like him and always have.

And I  can listen to him talking about tactics all day - when he talks about the game you can hear how much he loves football. 

Little Kitty's Barmy Army!!

50 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I hope this time around after seeing the grass isn't always greener that people understand how we play more. The whole 2014/15 season was filled with panic and worry that we weren't smashing this team or are we good enough for the PL or "We're figured out" and of course after a blip of results "Pearson or Dyche would have this team promoted"

We're not a PL team in disguise. We are not miles better than anyone in the Champ. We don't need to worry about the PL or beating teams 8-0. 

With Mac all our football has a purpose. ALWAYS. If we're knocking it about then it's usually either drawing the oppositon out or we're (shocking i know..) defending WITH the ball or we're simply recovering some energy. 

When the time is right you can guarantee Derby will come forward with speed and in numbers. But people hopefuly now understand that this can't last 90mins for 46 games. 

Yesterday Rotherham moved the ball well for 15 mins. In 2015 this would anger some fans. But after seeing the alternatives then i hope people understood that Derby were still in control and were comfortable with what Rotherham were doing. There was no need to be "Quick! get the ball because we have 6 goals to score". We were patient and respectful that we could actually lose this game. 

It's not always possible to be pouring forward with slick one touch football. I hope people are more patient now and just enjoy it when run rampant rather than demand it. 

And as for being figured out when we lose... it's quite hard to stop Derby and stick to your own gameplan. It's much better that our lads figure out what we're doing rather than trying to spring a surprise on the opponent. As seen from the early Clement tenure and Pearson, being unpredictable isn't good if our own players are confused about the system

Yes agree with all of that. But:

1. We need to add greater ruthlessness when we have teams over the abyss. We have to push them over.

Yesterday, we technically missed 2 penalties. And we got sloppy. Although Johnson had a good game, at least 2 times he lost the ball with wayward passes. Rovrum were twice gifted the ball just 20 yards from our goal. They didn't punish us but other teams will. 3-0 could've become 3-2 late on. Then it's hang on when they should've been out of sight.

And Vydra...should've scored when receiving that lovely back-heal from Ince to put him clean-through only for the shot to be saved by Camp. Ok...Vydra will start to score soon, no doubt, but he too missed a sitter at Wolves. Dropped catches lose you cricket matches..as do missed opportunities to score in football. 

So I want to hear Mac hand out praise...but simultaneously he needs to strike a note of being dissatisfied with those aspects. Johnson was hauled off just after his 2nd gifted pass...so I thought well done Mac, that's clear that you're making a point. But in the after-match he said it was to protect "Johnno" {SIC} from a booking. 

Let's face it, with all due respect to Rotherham, they have defensive issues so it was a chance again for Derby to get some goals. 3-0 is satisfactory...but it could,ve been and should've been 6-0. Confidence breeds confidence and being ruthless breeds being ruthless. Derby still have some way to go before we can even entertain any chance of top 6 this year. 

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

So I want to hear Mac hand out praise...but simultaneously he needs to strike a note of being dissatisfied with those aspects. Johnson was hauled off just after his 2nd gifted pass...so I thought well done Mac, that's clear that you're making a point. But in the after-match he said it was to protect "Johnno" {SIC} from a booking.

And maybe he was. Why should Mac critise his players in public? Anyway softly, softly catchee monkey. Plus patience is needed Rome wasn't built in a day. #clichecity

He did say there were still things to work on. 

I think he knows he's a very lucky man to have this chance, because post Newcastle should have been career ending for him. He was signing up for university courses and hoping perhaps he could get some other way of staying in the game before "drone-gate" gave the vacancy and his influential friend a cosmic alignment. 

There's also zero chance of him getting a chance at anything bigger than us ever again, because they will not see past his Newcastle £80m relegation side. 

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

There's also zero chance of him getting a chance at anything bigger than us ever again, because they will not see past his Newcastle £80m relegation side. 

Think you're wrong there. But how do you reckon £80m was down to him? Plus didn't some of them sell on relegation, for much more than they cost?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Think you're wrong there. But how do you reckon £80m was down to him? Plus didn't some of them sell on relegation, for much more than they cost?

I don't think it was, but I think that's what, just or unjust, clubs looking for a head coach in the top flight will see. 

And you are right, they did get a good recoup of cost on quite a few if them. 

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He bought Wijnaldum for £15m and he was sold on to Liverpool for £23m.

He made some good signings, they were just still too suspect at the back and didn't perform for him. 

59 minutes ago, RenegadeRam said:

He bought Wijnaldum for £15m and he was sold on to Liverpool for £23m.

He made some good signings, they were just still too suspect at the back and didn't perform for him. 

Newcastle look a decent championship club, but not a very good premier league club. 

18 hours ago, Steve How Hard!!! said:

It's great to be a Ram under Schteve again and just goes to show how  one dimensional Pearson was. He was trying to fix something that wasn't broken. Any decent manager would have realised we needed tweaking not dismantling. Ok it's early days but the signs are encouraging. :thumbsup:

Totally agree. Pearson himself said things needed tweaking. Then he promptly got out his sledgehammer!!

Archived