McClaren

Day

4 hours ago, loweman2 said:

IMG_3611.JPG

Steve has let one go.

Charles says " How dare you break forth before me?"

Steve says " Sorry, I did not know that it was your turn. Can you play Right Back?

Charles says " One can play right back in the dressing room."

Much teeing and chuckling occurs.

:o

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Sunday, November 20, 2016 at 13:40, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think he knows he's a very lucky man to have this chance, because post Newcastle should have been career ending for him. 

There's also zero chance of him getting a chance at anything bigger than us ever again, because they will not see past his Newcastle £80m relegation side. 

Totally agree. Having failed so miserably with England and Newcastle, his chance at the highest level has gone UNLESS he takes us up and he knows it. He's never struck me as a Dario Gradi, prepared to carve out a reputation amongst fellow Pro's and shun the limelight.

But that's great for us, he is focused and driven...and as a club we should finally have learned that chopping and changing hasn't worked. If he'd started poorly it would be a horrible connundrum..but he's jumped back in the misfiring car and its purring again.

He's got a free run this season, no pressure....but top 6 would be nice. Then next season he can really go for it. All the talk of money making the gap ever bigger? Bottom 3 of Premier League could be 3 bang average teams (eg Swansea, Hull for starters are poor) ..no reason we can't run away with it next season?

16 hours ago, Rampage said:

Steve Maclaren has 13 points from 6 matches, fourth best set of results in League. Unbelievable turn around. The level of confidence in the team is somewhat hard to explain, despite Steve's brilliance.

It is a great return, referees giving some 50/50 decisions our way have helped, wolves sheff Wednesday etc but maybe that's because he doesn't rant at referees during and after games and sub consciously they favour someone like that when it is a 50/50 or an interpretation situation 

We haven't got back yet to the kind of fearless football that characterisd his first spell with us - particularly in 2013 -2014.

The one defeat against Huddersfield looks a disappointing result in hindsight given how they have gone off the boil . 

Still work to do. I would love to see him coach us to a resounding win at the sports direct . con st James Park sweatshop arena......:lol:

16 hours ago, HantsRam said:

We haven't got back yet to the kind of fearless football that characterisd his first spell with us - particularly in 2013 -2014.

The one defeat against Huddersfield looks a disappointing result in hindsight given how they have gone off the boil . 

Still work to do. I would love to see him coach us to a resounding win at the sports direct . con st James Park sweatshop arena......:lol:

I'm sure he would, too, just a teeny bit.

16 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Think that's a tad unfair, the narrow win against us was the beginning warning signs of their rot. They were very much on the boil when we played them and its likely they might still return to the boil soon. I reckon it's just a bad patch. Perhaps we should have held on for the point but we can't look back at what we should have done, they were flying when we played them and their recent results don't change that fact. 

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 20:29, HantsRam said:

I don't think we've got as good a team as that first spell tbh.

Better players maybe but not a better team.

Still, its going well and there's more to come from this squad methinks.

On 11/24/2016 at 13:28, Tombo said:

Think that's a tad unfair, the narrow win against us was the beginning warning signs of their rot. They were very much on the boil when we played them and its likely they might still return to the boil soon. I reckon it's just a bad patch. Perhaps we should have held on for the point but we can't look back at what we should have done, they were flying when we played them and their recent results don't change that fact. 

They literally lost the previous two games before playing us. Absolutely flying!

Archived