POLL: Chris Martin

Mostyn6

Chris Martin - Loan status  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Voted yes but would only have him back as competetition for forward places to play alongside vydra, not to play on his own again. He's not the player he once was and is certainly not the answer to all our problems at the moment, but he could add some strength to the front line which could be useful

23 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Sell him.Not good enough for Fulham fans so why should he be good enough for us?

Hmm, I wonder if there's any recent  examples of us signing out of favour players or players not rated by fans of previous clubs and then them being a success here...

13 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Sell him.Not good enough for Fulham fans so why should he be good enough for us?

1) Who cares what Fulham fans think?

2) Fulham are a higher placed team right now so it would be a step back down. Bear that in mind

3) He is good enough. We know he's good enough. He's just not firing right now. The reason he's succeeded here when he hasn't so much elsewhere is because we brought him in and gave him a home. Somewhere to knuckle down and just play his football. After the Wembley defeat, he could have easily called his agent and left Derby. He signed a new deal. After the 14/15 collapse he went on record as saying he wouldn't even speak to his agent. That's right. Not even to negotiate another big deal. Not to leave Derby. But once again, reaffirmed his committment here. That was three days after as well.

Give this a listen, just two minutes of your time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02qpcbw

That to me sounds like a player who simply just wants to do his job somewhere where he is appreciated. I know this will be mocked but some players just need love and adoration to do their job. Chris Martin is definitely one of those. Even on loan, he knew this was a good home for him:

Martin, on loan from Norwich until the end of the season, said: “I’d be open to staying.

“The lads have made me feel welcome and the gaffer and coaching staff have given me a lot of confidence so hopefully I can repay their faith.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/310496/Derby-3-Peterborough-1-Smart-Chris-Martin-s-got-big-Prem-onition

And take a look at how he evaluates his own performances at the back end of last season. No ego about him, no BS. Honesty:

Striker Chris Martin has described his input during Derby County's dismal recent run as a "bit non-existent".

Martin came off the bench with the Rams trailing 1-0 and helped create one goal before scoring the third - just his second goal in 19 games.

"It's nice to finally contribute. I feel a lot lighter with that monkey off my back," Martin told BBC Radio Derby.

"I have been a bit non-existent for the last couple of months."

The 27-year-old's strike was his 10th league goal in 31 appearances, but only his second since finding the net against Huddersfield Town in October.

"It's not a time to celebrate and dwell too much because the win should have come much earlier and we understand that," Martin said.

"I don't necessarily think I am not contributing if I don't score, but the big thing is I want to contribute to winning performances and we hadn't managed to win in a long, long time.

"The main feeling is elation and relief at winning the game. But it's not a time to really celebrate.

"But this is a great lift. We have started the week extremely well and hopefully we can kick on again."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35630304

How many strikers give you that level of honesty on 10 goals in 31? Wouldn't most strikers make excuses there? Give up? Stop trying? Not Martin. He pushed on. Because he had to make it right. He wanted to make it right and help contribute to the team. And like he says, don't judge him solely on goals, judge his overall performances.

I'd love to have him back just to give him more of a run. He never got off the mark here this season, no. But neither did any bugger else! I'm not sure why he had to face the chopping block. That's what you get when you hire a card-carrying psychopath as a manager though.

14 minutes ago, Tombo said:

1) Who cares what Fulham fans think?

2) Fulham are a higher placed team right now so it would be a step back down. Bear that in mind

3) He is good enough. We know he's good enough. He's just not firing right now. The reason he's succeeded here when he hasn't so much elsewhere is because we brought him in and gave him a home. Somewhere to knuckle down and just play his football. After the Wembley defeat, he could have easily called his agent and left Derby. He signed a new deal. After the 14/15 collapse he went on record as saying he wouldn't even speak to his agent. That's right. Not even to negotiate another big deal. Not to leave Derby. But once again, reaffirmed his committment here. That was three days after as well.

Give this a listen, just two minutes of your time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02qpcbw

That to me sounds like a player who simply just wants to do his job somewhere where he is appreciated. I know this will be mocked but some players just need love and adoration to do their job. Chris Martin is definitely one of those. Even on loan, he knew this was a good home for him:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/310496/Derby-3-Peterborough-1-Smart-Chris-Martin-s-got-big-Prem-onition

And take a look at how he evaluates his own performances at the back end of last season. No ego about him, no BS. Honesty:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35630304

How many strikers give you that level of honesty on 10 goals in 31? Wouldn't most strikers make excuses there? Give up? Stop trying? Not Martin. He pushed on. Because he had to make it right. He wanted to make it right and help contribute to the team. And like he says, don't judge him solely on goals, judge his overall performances.

I'd love to have him back just to give him more of a run. He never got off the mark here this season, no. But neither did any bugger else! I'm not sure why he had to face the chopping block. That's what you get when you hire a card-carrying psychopath as a manager though.

No mate he's got a bad attitude and is part of the clique who egg Pearson's house on Halloween.

Archived