POLL: Chris Martin

Mostyn6

Chris Martin - Loan status  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 minutes ago, europia said:

Is Martin on a recall loan arrangement, or on loan till the season ends? Also I'm not sure when his current contract with DCFC ends. I guess if he doesn't score goals at Fulham he will be coming back in any case, at the end of the loan period. 

My understanding is that it's until the season ends. I don't recall seeing any statement that he could be sent back before the seasons end. Fulham have him until May. Someone else may know more details about the finer details of the deal. If so tell us. 

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

My understanding is that it's until the season ends. I don't recall seeing any statement that he could be sent back before the seasons end. Fulham have him until May. Someone else may know more details about the finer details of the deal. If so tell us. 

With any loan deal both teams can agree to terminate the loan during any transfer window.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

It'll end when we stop repeated let shooting ourselves in the foot with ridiculous off the pitch decision which have seen us go further and further back on the pitch - dismantling the best Derby team in a generation and destroying much of the good feeling around the club in the process; that's when it'll end.

Dont disagree we seem to be the masters of disaster.   Good old DCFC, gotta luv em.

But we need to understand the solution does not lie in 2014.. New times now, we have gone too far, that team will never achieve what it did before. As much as I was for the odd tweak here and there, we have to accept that those players are not the solution now.

Voted yes because I can't quite bring myself to believe that a striker who scored 63 goals in 3 seasons suddenly became a bad player. Could we borrow him for a few games and see whether we can get Anya and Vydra bombing past him onto those slick little lay-offs of his?  They might in turn pull defenders around with their runs and create a bit of space for him to do his stuff. 

1 hour ago, archied said:

And vydra is playing in a worse team,,,,, I voted no as he is no longer and far from being an automatic first choice walk in to our team player anymore and been that way for a while ,,,, now call me stupid but I think our biggest problem/ downfall for at least two seasons has been exactly that ?? What? ,,,,,,,,, constantly bringing in players who walk straight into our first team ,, bringing in players that are no better really than what we have ,, Martin had two / three? Good years but his recent play has not made him auto pick and far from it ,, he admitted as much himself as another poster had pointed out ,,, does bringing back the present day Chris Martin improve our first team?.   Debatable at best,,,,,,,,,,,, let's try to have a policy of bringing in players that we ALL look at and think God he really improves the first team if we have all this money to splash then use it right and for me that starts by not clamouring to bring Martin back when it's clear he's no longer a shoe in for the first team and we are not even sure if he will fit anymore as our formation is up in the air for the future

Very unlikely to happen IMO

1 hour ago, archied said:

Reckon vydra would have got 4 playing for Fulham ,,,, who knows al we know is vydra has two Martin has none

I reckon Martin would have buried the second one that Vydra had saved brilliantly by Al-Habsi simply because he's taller. May not have scored the first one though.:whistle:

I've posted loads about this, but yes, obviously yes.

Don't understand why people want to stick by the decision that the manager who took us to 20th in the league and had the team attacking so dismally we only scored 3 goals in his time in charge made?

He's still only 27, he's performed for us consistently over 3 seasons and offers something that none of our current strikers offer. We can get him back relatively easily, it's a genuine no brainer.

2 hours ago, curtains said:

:lol:

He hasn't scored in 20 league games.

Vydra already  has 2 goals 

In those 20 games Martin has contributed to more goals than Vydra in terms of assists/goals. Then again, you obviously ignore that as it doesn't fit your weird agenda. 

If goals are the only way to judge how good a striker is then why don't we just pluck Warrington Town's top goal scorer. He has more than both Martin and Vydra combined!

it does amuse me that people are writing off Martin for not scoring in X amount of games, whilst championing Vydra's cause, WHILST ignoring that Vydra has just had a couple of seasons in similar form to Martin's current form! Hmmm

6 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

A categoric no from me. Time to stop looking backwards - he isn't that player and we aren't that team anymore. 

Move on and look for someone better who fits what the next manager wants to do....

What if Martin fits what the next manager wants, can we want him to return from his loan then? 

10 minutes ago, rynny said:

What if Martin fits what the next manager wants, can we want him to return from his loan then? 

Is the next manager is going to want a slow, non scoring striker with a suspect attitude problem? Don't think so

His goal record from open play in the last 12 months is shocking. Time to stop living on past glories and find someone new - he is not the player from 2013/14 & 2014/15 anymore

18 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

it does amuse me that people are writing off Martin for not scoring in X amount of games, whilst championing Vydra's cause, WHILST ignoring that Vydra has just had a couple of seasons in similar form to Martin's current form! Hmmm

The "he's not scored since April the fifth" argument also makes me laugh. That's still only two less than golden boy Ross McCormack over the same period; and if you allow internationals then in terms of goals and assists they're even since the same date! 

3 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Whats the saying about form being temporary but class is permanent? Martin has obviously had and used up his 2 alloted form seasons in his career with us.

Bad form IS temporary, spot on. I think that lends itself more to the bringing him back argument. He's had more good games for us than bad games. His class is permanent.

Archived