POLL: Chris Martin

Mostyn6

Chris Martin - Loan status  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted yes, but it really isn't as simple as recalling him and putting him in the team. If we are going to play 433 again then CM is the best player currently on our books (technically) to play that system. Then, however, you would have another problem. Vydra for me is too good a player to put on the bench but you then would be shoehorning him into the team on the wing, thus dropping most of Anaya, Ince, Russell, Wiemann and Cámara. I like CM and hope he regains his spark, preferably with us. As I say, it really isn't as simple as just recalling him.

23 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yes as long as it would be easy, painless and cheap to do so. 

If bringing him back costs us the six million odd quid Fulham are roumored to be paying in January as part of tge deal, then no, not at that price. 

Highly doubt they will be paying this fee anyway. 

Not on his current form anyway. 

There isn't any reason for them to pay that fee unless they feel they can get him scoring again. 

He will more than likely end up here again.

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

Highly doubt they will be paying this fee anyway. 

Not on his current form anyway. 

There isn't any reason for them to pay that fee unless they feel they can get him scoring again. 

He will more than likely end up here again.

The rumour I heard is the second part of the fee to.make his transfer permanent is not dependant on how he does or how much they want him in January, but I have no idea if thats true at all. If its optional, I highly doubt Fulham would be keen on it. 

We need this badly right now:

"Within two minutes Fulham somehow squandered a chance to level up through a horror miss from on-loan striker Chris Martin.

Martin has not scored for 19 league games for either Derby or Fulham but would not have had a better chance to end that drought.

Scott Parker freed Lucas Piazon who laid ball on a plate to Martin, but the Scottish striker got the ball tangled up in his feet and drove wide with an empty net in front of him."

Yes, that's 19 games!

If Fulham want him gone we should extract another fee (for the trouble), :D and bring him back as cover for our centre halves. He doesn't try hard and he can't shoot, head, or run but he defends set pieces pretty well, I give him that. 

Archived