POLL: Chris Martin

Mostyn6

Chris Martin - Loan status  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Yesterdays man.. It seems our fans are preoccupied with what happen before. Mac / Martin, where will it end?

It will never end.  

I would rather have 15k gates but true Derby Fans. 

Players that play for the shirt as well. 

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The rumour I heard is the second part of the fee to.make his transfer permanent is not dependant on how he does or how much they want him in January, but I have no idea if thats true at all. If its optional, I highly doubt Fulham would be keen on it. 

The way he is performing there we would have to pay Fulham to keep him........

7 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Yesterdays man.. It seems our fans are preoccupied with what happen before. Mac / Martin, where will it end?

It'll end when we stop repeated let shooting ourselves in the foot with ridiculous off the pitch decision which have seen us go further and further back on the pitch - dismantling the best Derby team in a generation and destroying much of the good feeling around the club in the process; that's when it'll end.

3 minutes ago, cannable said:

It'll end when we stop repeated let shooting ourselves in the foot with ridiculous off the pitch decision which have seen us go further and further back on the pitch - dismantling the best Derby team in a generation and destroying much of the good feeling around the club in the process; that's when it'll end.

It's what the fans want.

16 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I really can't get my head round the number of people who just say 'move on.' He is still better than what we've got so why would we move on?

Vydra looks good IMO but Martin is a good player too and, importantly, offers different options. So, I'm saying YES.

14 minutes ago, nottingram said:

How do you know Martin wouldn't have scored those two goals? And more on top as Vydra has also missed chances?

To be honest I have nothing against Chris Martin he's a really nice guy .

Do I want him back not really but I can see why some do as he was a good servant to Derby County  and a huge favorite to many Derby fans as was Jake Buxton  

If he comes back so be it but he's not the answer some are looking for IMO but he does hold the ball up well in a 4-3-3  

Odds are he may yet come back if Pearson is sacked but I'm not going to be a hypocrite as I wanted change and I wanted Pearson to move him on. 

I am happy with Vydra. 

And vydra is playing in a worse team,,,,, I voted no as he is no longer and far from being an automatic first choice walk in to our team player anymore and been that way for a while ,,,, now call me stupid but I think our biggest problem/ downfall for at least two seasons has been exactly that ?? What? ,,,,,,,,, constantly bringing in players who walk straight into our first team ,, bringing in players that are no better really than what we have ,, Martin had two / three? Good years but his recent play has not made him auto pick and far from it ,, he admitted as much himself as another poster had pointed out ,,, does bringing back the present day Chris Martin improve our first team?.   Debatable at best,,,,,,,,,,,, let's try to have a policy of bringing in players that we ALL look at and think God he really improves the first team if we have all this money to splash then use it right and for me that starts by not clamouring to bring Martin back when it's clear he's no longer a shoe in for the first team and we are not even sure if he will fit anymore as our formation is up in the air for the future

20 minutes ago, nottingram said:

How do you know Martin wouldn't have scored those two goals? And more on top as Vydra has also missed chances?

Reckon vydra would have got 4 playing for Fulham ,,,, who knows al we know is vydra has two Martin has none

Is Martin on a recall loan arrangement, or on loan till the season ends? Also I'm not sure when his current contract with DCFC ends. I guess if he doesn't score goals at Fulham he will be coming back in any case, at the end of the loan period. 

Archived