Derby County v Leeds United

Bwash_Ram

I don't think the majority realise how much of a good defender Shackell, his positioning and ability in the air is better than any other defender in this league. I agree he's not brilliant with the ball at his feet, but if we're playing 4-3-3 the holding midfielder should just come and pick the ball up off the two cb's which is obviously going to happen more when we have a true CDM in there in George Thorne, Pearce you have been good cover and you're a likeable guy, but please let's have Shackell back in.

I think Christie's recent performances need to be considered and I really do think we need a new RB, the last few years he has been a real outlet going forward but that seems to have vanished, Id like to see a solid RB signed in January. ( I can't believe we didn't chuck some money at Wisdom, who now seems to be wasting his career out on loan in America). The only reason I would play Cyrus is because he's got no real competition and Baird is a **** ***** *** ***** ****. 

Other than that, I think Vydra looks like he's going to do the business. He looks really good. His movement is so clever, he's quick, can finish, gets in behind, will come and fetch the ball and is cracking in the air for a small guy. A real nuisance.   

My team would be:

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Olsson

Johnson

Hughes  Bryson

Ince Vydra Weimann 

1-0 Derby - Vydra.

Up the Rams !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Not even at full time whistle

A ring of silance shows the players even more it would show how unpleased wr are with them.

Last couple of times ive been up to the ipro its been pretty silent at full time. In fact its started to quieten down about 10 mins before the end as folks leave and been 3/4 empty by the full time whistle.

20 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Mitchell 

Anya  Pearce   Keogh  Lowe

Johnson

Butterfield   Hughes Bryson

Wilson   Vydra

4-1 Derby

Vydra FGS

Isn't Anya a left back? If he isn't playing left wing that is. I think that our Right side would be cruelly exposed with that selection.

I would tweak to something like...

Mitchell

Christie Keogh Rawson Lowe

Johnson

Butterfield Hughes Bryson

Vydra       Anya/ince (playing the no 10)

7 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Isn't Anya a left back? If he isn't playing left wing that is. I think that our Right side would be cruelly exposed with that selection.

I would tweak to something like...

Mitchell

Christie Keogh Rawson Lowe

Johnson

Butterfield Hughes Bryson

Vydra       Anya/ince (playing the no 10)

Fair enough.

I think Anya can play on either side and Christie's defence relies purely on his pace and not his positioning.

Anya has pace in abundance and is a better attacking option.

I wish we had another alternative at RB but we don't.

And I wouldn't rule Wilson out just yet. He will score goals when the chances flow.

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Fair enough.

I think Anya can play on either side and Christie's defence relies purely on his pace and not his positioning.

Anya has pace in abundance and is a better attacking option.

I wish we had another alternative at RB but we don't.

And I wouldn't rule Wilson out just yet. He will score goals when the chances flow.

I'd give Wilson game time off the bench for sure.......I think we need to get the front 5 functioning and cross fingers for the back 4.

I'm no manager tho, so just as likely for my picks to lose us the game 0-2:ermm:

10 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

I don't think the majority realise how much of a good defender Shackell, his positioning and ability in the air is better than any other defender in this league. I agree he's not brilliant with the ball at his feet, but if we're playing 4-3-3 the holding midfielder should just come and pick the ball up off the two cb's which is obviously going to happen more when we have a true CDM in there in George Thorne, Pearce you have been good cover and you're a likeable guy, but please let's have Shackell back in.

It's all well and good in theory but did you not notice how many teams figured this out last season?

Push high on Keogh and Thorne and let Shackell have the ball.

It was actually quite embarrassing that opposition teams so desperately wanted the ball to go to Shackell.

Agree he's a good defender though. If only he could pass on his positional sense to our other defenders!

12 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

It's all well and good in theory but did you not notice how many teams figured this out last season?

Push high on Keogh and Thorne and let Shackell have the ball.

It was actually quite embarrassing that opposition teams so desperately wanted the ball to go to Shackell.

Agree he's a good defender though. If only he could pass on his positional sense to our other defenders!

Agreed, I think that was always going to happen when teams press high though... it's always going to be them who aren't so good on the ball making the mistakes.

Is Pearce that much better with the ball at his feet than Shackell though.. I personally don't think so.

Id like to see Rawson given a go, exceptional feedback from Rotherham. Surely he is going to give up on us if we don't give him his deserved chance soon?

Archived