Derby County v Leeds United

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, wixman1884 said:

Not to sound like a broken record, but I think we're missing Martin a little here. Just can't seem to really get the ball to vydra or players beyond vydra.

That's my initial thoughts, but it's early days and I'm normally wrong.

Don't think we've looked bad at all so far and have played some nice stuff albeit without creating chances.

There have been a number of times when we've been in a position to put Vydra etc. in behind and skied a long range effort instead. That frustrates me, otherwise this has been alright so far. 

It's a lot better than what's been served up this season. The building blocks are there, but it's going to take time. 

We've tried as hard as we can to camp in their half, something we did last time under McClaren. It's not natural for some of the players, but we're the side holding the ball and playing the proactive football. 

Leeds have been reactive and have nearly had their rewards, but if we keep this game plan and instill it into the players. It will work. 

Decent start, all of our threat was coming from the left hand side. Anya playing some nice little one-twos and making runs in behind. As the game went on we seemed to run out of ideas though, Leeds not hugely struggling to contain us. A couple of shots from range from Butterfield and Johnson and the Vydra chance pretty much it from us. 

Pearce has been excellent at centre-back. I've been impressed with Johnson in the DM role as well. Butterfield and Hughes yet to really get a handle on the game for me, and Ince has been largely anonymous down the right hand side. 

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Vydra is going to have to adapt his game big time if he wants to succeed in that forward role. He's not coming short for it at all, we can't seem to get our midfielders beyond theirs without that ball sticking.

I think it's the biggest problem at the minute, him not coming short is stifling our forward play because there is little space in behind.

Archived