Derby County v Leeds United

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, angieram said:

There's footage of the tackle on twitter which shows the defender go clean through the player with feet off the deck. How it didn't get a free kick I don't know. The defender's reaction says it all - he knew what he'd done.

Sorry I can't embed the tweet despite being told how several times my phone just won't do it but maybe someone else can try for me. 

Kyle Bartley challenge v Derby County #LUFC 
https://t.co/JYGft0OWHj

Good find, from that angle its bordering on a red card too. Can only assume the refs view was blocked.

12 minutes ago, angieram said:

There's footage of the tackle on twitter which shows the defender go clean through the player with feet off the deck. How it didn't get a free kick I don't know. The defender's reaction says it all - he knew what he'd done.

Sorry I can't embed the tweet despite being told how several times my phone just won't do it but maybe someone else can try for me. 

Kyle Bartley challenge v Derby County #LUFC 
https://t.co/JYGft0OWHj

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Still don't see anything wrong with that if I'm being honest

Similar to the offside goal, it is all about the angle it is seen from, all the replays from the side, from distance, look like there isnt much wrong with it, but the view from behind he has gone in with 2 feet off the ground and is not in full control, which makes it a reckless challenge, it could have been easily given as a free kick and a red, but can understand why it wasn't.

11 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Johnson MOTM end of.. 

Agreed. Johnson gets the inaugural Steve Maclaren "Tufty Award" for player of the day.

Will had a good game too but this was Johno's first game under the Mac and he rose to the challenge. 

16 hours ago, rynny said:

Screenshot_20161015-185000.png

Would say that is very close.

Not only is he level, he is also played on by bartley as the ball deflects off his foot - or don't we play that rule anymore?

17 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

That picture is from when he's already made contact with the ball. If you freeze it on the frame earlier you can see he's clearly offside when Ince's foot kicks the ball.

Level.

Good performance yesterday. Bit bum-twitchy at the end but we got there. I liked that fact that in the first half when they had a corner we pushed Ince and Anya up to the half-way line on the wings. This forced Leeds to keep three players back. I would like to see us do more of this.

Ince gets a lot of stick on here but I thought he did a lot off the ball yesterday - on loads of occasions he took up good positions but wasn't given the ball. Admittedly he lost it on several occasions but that happens with 'flair players'. I think we need to encourage him to get on the ball and 'have a go' at the opposition as much as possible. Unfortunate not to assist Vydra for a second goal (disallowed).

Archived