Derby County v Leeds United

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, brady1993 said:

Bar the Vydra goal being not offside there wasn't much we could do to make it easier for ourselves. The player's were knackered and couldn't keep our high tempo pressing game going for the full 90. A couple of games and a couple weeks of training and that will be rectified :D.

It was great we  got the win and like you say brady1993 get the fitness back up and we should be on our way.Vydra goal sounded a cracker.  Shame they waved it off side

Not been a fan of Johnson, but he was MOTM today. Outstanding. Max Lowe played like he's been playing left back in this team for years, fantastic performance. 

Went too deep at the end, very fortunate to see it through. Probably deserved some luck though, players worked their socks off. 

29 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Are you back in the country Bris?

Nope.

If you were questioning my comment, Lowe had a 75.6% pass-accuracy rate while Christie had a 64.5% pass-accuracy rate - the second lowest of any outfield player on the pitch (behind Chris Wood)

In fact, Christie only made nine accurate forward passes in the entire game. An average of one every 10 mins! I'm not trying to scapegoat anyone, I just thought he was poor on the ball and needs to improve.

23 minutes ago, McLovin said:

My ratings:

Carson-7- Didn't have a lot to do but he claimed some crosses well and his kicking was better than it usually is

Christie-3-. We need another right back in January, he was absolutely terrible today and has been all season. At the end McClaren instructed Russell to sit right in front Christie because Christie got beat almost every time.

Keogh-7- Solid game, nearly had his usual Keogh moment towards the end but followed it up with a delightful 50 yard pass

Pearce-8- Was brilliant today, won nearly everything in the air and his passing was fabulous. The fans loved the cruyff turn that he did in the first half

Lowe-7- Very impressed with this young lad, was very good in the first half, a little less work to do in the second half but I think he is the real deal. Reminds me of a younger Danny Rose

Johnson-7- Played the cdm role very well. I think it suits him because he doesn't have to do the glamour stuff. Nearly messed up at the end as the ball got stool under his feet from a Leeds corner but had the composure to clear it away

Butterfield-9- Was my motm, he was everywhere and his passing was nice and crisp. Another one whose defensive work is under appreciated 

Hughes-6- Not his best game today but he carried an injury so I will let him off

Ince-4- He had a shocker. He contributed nothing defensively and his passing was terrible. Don't think he will be in the team midweek

Anya-6- He got the ball,looked lively and contributed well defensively supporting Lowe well. Shame he got injured

Vydra-6-Was feeding off scraps today but his work ethic was very good and gave 100%

Subs:

Russell-8- Another one who played very well, if only he plays like this every game!

Bryson and Baird-6- Didn't really see a lot of either of them tbh but both were brought on for their defensive work and did what the manager asked of them

Largely agree with your ratings. 

Think your being harsh on Christie, Ince and Hughes though. Ince was a little quiet in the first half but I thought he looked a lot more lively on the left. Thought Hughes played well, him and Butterfield seem to be on eachother's wavelength. 

Johnson was man of the match for me, really played his role well and was a rock in front of the back 4.

Whilst Anya worked hard, thought he was a bit ineffectual. A couple of times the midfield managed to isolate him against his full back and he failed to make the most of it.

Vydra worked hard off the ball but he really needs to come short a lot more and show for the ball, particularly when teams sit deep like leeds did in the first half.

7 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

It was great we  got the win and like you say brady1993 get the fitness back up and we should be on our way.Vydra goal sounded a cracker.  Shame they waved it off side

It was an absolutely cracking counterattack, best move of the season. Really unfortunate that it was offside

13 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Really??

thought he played well and did a lot more defensively than he usually does

I think we can pretty much settle on the fact that some people will pick fault with everything Ince does no matter how he plays.

if Vydra kept himself inside, he could have had a couple of assists to his name.

Ince looked lost in the first half because he was playing in-front of Christie who was poor on the ball. It was no coincidence that he came alive in the 2nd half when he moved to the left and linked up with Lowe.

You really can't blame Ince for not being involved. You need to get the ball to him quickly and in space, running at the back four. But that's nigh on impossible when Christie receives the ball, takes far too many touches to get it under control and blindly runs forward allowing the opposition to pile numbers over.

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

We got any right backs coming through the youth team? Another Lowe maybe? Put Hanson there? Anyone who can at the very least provide competition for Christie.

And now Martin has scored for Fulham - hope he doesnt score too many - want him back.

Not for me.  It's a new era.

Let's not try and get the band back together! What next.. Creme Brulee to play at half time??

Have to give Alex Pearce a shout out, he came in a championship captain, a promotion winning captain aswell (few years before) but he never got a chance for well over a season, he never moaned or argued, he's finally got his chance and he's been class, wins everything very calm on the ball can pass can play good football he's a big unit! I'm glad he's got his chance and I'm glad he's taken it! Never Like to see players come and go without a fair chance! Still hoping Blackman and weimann get more time! COYR

Shoutout to Alex Pearce today. Thought he was solid and no frills..... 

BJ blew all around the pitch today..... MOM 

Have to agree with some people's comments regarding Christie. Thought he was poor. Think a bit of decent competition for his place would do him good. 

Archived