The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Parsnip said:

But on the other hand I feel sad. @Carl Sagan, @cosmic & @angieram were needlessly scathing in their replies. In fact i'd go as far as to say that I've become subject to THE SINGLE GREATEST WITCH HUNT OF A POSTER IN DCFCFANS HISTORY

A tad over-dramatic in all honesty. Are we seriously supposed to ignore the fact that @JohnFChiedozie was assassinated on here in cold blood by @LeonHarveyOsman?! :angry:

14 hours ago, Parsnip said:

On the one hand I'm happy. It's been pointed out to me that I'm wrong. The title is correct. I'm not going to worry about it anymore. I'm comfortable admitting being wrong - it's something I do on a daily basis. 

But on the other hand I feel sad. @Carl Sagan, @cosmic & @angieram were needlessly scathing in their replies. In fact i'd go as far as to say that I've become subject to THE SINGLE GREATEST WITCH HUNT OF A POSTER IN DCFCFANS HISTORY. 

So I'll be taking some time out from the forum whilst I prepare myself to forgive.

my my have you said something the clique dont like

45 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

You do realise that @Parsnip was joking with that post? Or is it that you just wanted to have a go at this "clique" that you like to moan about? 

1 hour ago, barnsley ram said:

49 minutes ago, rynny said:

You do realise that @Parsnip was joking with that post? Or is it that you just wanted to have a go at this "clique" that you like to moan about? 

Oh my, he sees me as part of the "clique". Frankly, it's an honour.

Day. Made.

giphy.gif

the best thing to do with cliques is to totally ignor them - deal with everybody the same and the clique-iness evaporates as becomes meaningless when no one gives a toss about them (i know, i know......i've seen cliques rip teams apart at work and they suck, it's easier to say than to do)

Anyway,

Back to cult of Martin, has he been seen redecorating or having his "property of M.Morris - please return to Pride Park Stadium, Pride Park, Derby" tattoo touched up?

<and lets not talk to anyone who doesn't like Martin and wants Wolves to buy him>

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Oh my, he sees me as part of the "clique". Frankly, it's an honour.

Day. Made.

giphy.gif

i try not to moan too much i dont need to it all goes on on here at least you regulars do stick together

2 hours ago, rynny said:

yawn yawn

On 20/05/2017 at 18:31, Parsnip said:

On the one hand I'm happy. It's been pointed out to me that I'm wrong. The title is correct. I'm not going to worry about it anymore. I'm comfortable admitting being wrong - it's something I do on a daily basis. 

But on the other hand I feel sad. @Carl Sagan, @cosmic & @angieram were needlessly scathing in their replies. In fact i'd go as far as to say that I've become subject to THE SINGLE GREATEST WITCH HUNT OF A POSTER IN DCFCFANS HISTORY. 

So I'll be taking some time out from the forum whilst I prepare myself to forgive.

I didn't say you were wrong, but that it can be argued from both sides. However, one of my biggest bugbears is the absurd continued use of the anachronistic word "whilst". We no longer live in the seventeenth century. There is never an occasion when using "while" instead isn't perfectly satisfactory. Once upon a time whilst was a word but in the twenty-first century it should be consigned to antiquity. :D

When not picking on @Parsnip, anyone know what's happened to the Wardrobe?

23 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I didn't say you were wrong, but that it can be argued from both sides. However, one of my biggest bugbears is the absurd continued use of the anachronistic word "whilst". We no longer live in the seventeenth century. There is never an occasion when using "while" instead isn't perfectly satisfactory. Once upon a time whilst was a word but in the twenty-first century it should be consigned to antiquity. :D

Oh no there's nothing anachronistic about 'whilst'. It's a word you can whistle and whilst 'while' is satisfactory, it's certainly less enjoyable. 

As for the wardrobe, there's a new McDonald's being built in matlock and there's some big boned lad in a tent on the site who seems to be living there, waiting for it to open... 

On 5/18/2017 at 15:17, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Vardy does the same thing. Its a cowardly foul in my opinion. 

Jamie Vardy is a c***. There, I feel better now.

On 5/20/2017 at 16:11, EnigmaRam said:

We must be bored if we've started debating correct ways to write titles. Anyone signed yet?!?!

It's page 192 of mainly Toddyfacts - of course we're bored

8 hours ago, eddie said:

@Parsnips aren't proper vegetables anyway.

Proper enough roasted in honey and olive oil.

7 hours ago, Parsnip said:

I'm not rising to it.

It's just clique bait.

Someone's in rare form today :D

36 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Whilst is generally considered the more formal version. Anyone suggesting that it is anachronistic is somewhat of a fopdoodle.

Archived