The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

I probably should have said something before now but is it possible to get the 'w' in 'watch (in the thread title) capitalised? Or failing that, get the 'W' in 'Wardrobe' made lower case and have a full stop at the end?

Preferably the 'w' in 'watch' capitalised though please. It's been annoying me for months and i really don't want to get to 200 pages and still be in this mess.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I probably should have said something before now but is it possible to get the 'w' in 'watch (in the thread title) capitalised? Or failing that, get the 'W' in 'Wardrobe' made lower case and have a full stop at the end?

Preferably the 'w' in 'watch' capitalised though please. It's been annoying me for months and i really don't want to get to 200 pages and still be in this mess.

Can we just change the thread title to "IKEA Returns DesK"

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Can we just change the thread title to "IKEA Returns DesK"

Fulham better hope they kept the receipt 

15 minutes ago, archied said:

Fulham better hope they kept the receipt 

I can just envisage an hour long que behind this one guy who won't give it up

"Sir, without the receipt i can't exchange it or accept it as a return"

"but it fells over all the time, the rest of the family hate it, it seems to be stuck together with chewing gum"

"Sir, I'm going to have to help these other customers"

"you haven't finished with me yet, this is the worst wardrobe ever, who decided to put this on sale"

"Sir, that manager no longer works here, but without a receipt i can do no more"

3 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Mods please note the amount of likes already obtained on the above post. It's becoming something of a clamour. TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION NOW

#biguptheW #capitalisethatbastard #OCD #tits

4 hours ago, Parsnip said:

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

Mods please note the amount of likes already obtained on the above post. It's becoming something of a clamour. TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION NOW

#biguptheW #capitalisethatbastard #OCD #tits

If you're annoyed by poor spelling and grammar, web forums are the wrong place for you. Plus it's possible to argue that Martin's title is the Wardrobe (cap W) akin to Asimov's character the Mule in the Foundation series, and therefore that "The Wardrobe watch" is entirely correct in its capitalization.

Sorry - sometimes I can't help myself :p

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

If you're annoyed by poor spelling and grammar, web forums are the wrong place for you. Plus it's possible to argue that Martin's title is the Wardrobe (cap W) akin to Asimov's character the Mule in the Foundation series, and therefore that "The Wardrobe watch" is entirely correct in its capitalization.

I agree. As for a full stop at the end of a title - it's just wrong!!!

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I feel victimised.

15 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Sorry, but you've got this all wrong. In my opinion the capitalisation is correct. "The Wardrobe" is the nickname we give Chrissy Martin, so it must be in capital letters. As for the word "watch" - this is just a regular word in the title, and should stay lower case. Capitalising every word in a title/headline is a bad habit that too many people do. It's not best practise for copywriters as it generally makes titles harder to read (more so for longer page titles than in this instance).

Leave the thread title alone! 

EDIT: Just seen @Carl Sagan's response to Parsnip's post. Prolly didn't need to twist the knife here - sorry @Parsnip:D

On the one hand I'm happy. It's been pointed out to me that I'm wrong. The title is correct. I'm not going to worry about it anymore. I'm comfortable admitting being wrong - it's something I do on a daily basis. 

But on the other hand I feel sad. @Carl Sagan, @cosmic & @angieram were needlessly scathing in their replies. In fact i'd go as far as to say that I've become subject to THE SINGLE GREATEST WITCH HUNT OF A POSTER IN DCFCFANS HISTORY. 

So I'll be taking some time out from the forum whilst I prepare myself to forgive.

5 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

On the one hand I'm happy. It's been pointed out to me that I'm wrong. The title is correct. I'm not going to worry about it anymore. I'm comfortable admitting being wrong - it's something I do on a daily basis. 

But on the other hand I feel sad. @Carl Sagan, @cosmic & @angieram were needlessly scathing in their replies. In fact i'd go as far as to say that I've become subject to THE SINGLE GREATEST WITCH HUNT OF A POSTER IN DCFCFANS HISTORY. 

So I'll be taking some time out from the forum whilst I prepare myself to forgive.

Sounds like a plan, laters mate!

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

Is your avatar you wailing about how unfair everything is?

2 hours ago, Parsnip said:

You must feel a right vegetable getting that wrong or maybe you  just feel a root vegetable. Welcome back anyway, glad your period of reflection has helped you forgive and forget. ;)

Archived