The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

So much good stuff on here will multiquote for brevity...

On 5/22/2017 at 16:10, Papahet said:

Have done with all 4 browsers - obviously not IP limited, hint, hint...

*disclaimer, yes I do have entirely too much time on my hands

On 5/23/2017 at 06:29, toddy said:

I would be very surprised if Martin got any votes from Fulham fans having read posts on their forum how they feel about his time there.

The only plonkers voting for him are Derby fans. :lol:

Say our resident plonker expert

21 hours ago, toddy said:

With the season Martin has had no bugger would want him.

What, not even Wolves?!?!? Plonker.

19 hours ago, rynny said:

That was ninos not toddy tbf. I knkw sonetimes it is like they merge into one :ph34r:

Nobody has ever seen them in the same room at the same time, chatrooms being the only exception

8 hours ago, Ninos said:

I'd suggest that Nugent plus Zanzala backed by Vydra are your best options from within and then you can see by those with whom we are being linked the type of players he wants in ... dont see the martin Bent fit at all, as they are mediocre/ dependent on others, low effort types. 

Ever considered a career in stand-up? 

8 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I know you can't judge a player until you have given them a chance but on what basis do you put Zanzala over Martin and Bent and their combined 70+ goals for Derby?

Irrational hatred resulting from a deep-rooted and unresolved childhood trauma? Too many wedgies at school or summat.

42 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I have to believe Ninos and Toddy are just in it for the attention. There is no way anyone can actually think the sort of stuff they've posted in this thread and be honest with themselves.

I'd genuinely like to meet the pair of them, if only to reassert themselves as actual human beings in my own head, instead of the ridiculous cartoon characters they've become. 

Very entertaining though. Keep it up lads, next season is a long way off. 

So funny I choked on my mac-cheese. Ta!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, 86 points said:

So much good stuff on here will multiquote for brevity...

Have done with all 4 browsers - obviously not IP limited, hint, hint...

*disclaimer, yes I do have entirely too much time on my hands

Say our resident plonker expert

What, not even Wolves?!?!? Plonker.

Nobody has ever seen them in the same room at the same time, chatrooms being the only exception

Ever considered a career in stand-up? 

Irrational hatred resulting from a deep-rooted and unresolved childhood trauma? Too many wedgies at school or summat.

So funny I choked on my mac-cheese. Ta!

The only other suggestion he could use, without admitting he was wrong, was we should just play with 10 men.

On Tue May 23 2017 at 06:29, toddy said:

I would be very surprised if Martin got any votes from Fulham fans having read posts on their forum how they feel about his time there.

The only plonkers voting for him are Derby fans. :lol:

Mange tout, mange tout Toddney you plonker. ;)

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

What's with the title change 'The Wardrobe wAtcH'? Or is this an alternate dimension?

The capital A and H stands for Almost Home. :thumbsup:

23 hours ago, Ninos said:

I'd suggest that Nugent plus Zanzala backed by Vydra are your best options from within and then you can see by those with whom we are being linked the type of players he wants in ... dont see the martin Bent fit at all, as they are mediocre/ dependent on others, low effort types. 

But Zanzala has a good name so he must be a nailed on 20+ goals a season. Look at all the boring names we've had of late who haven't scored any goals :ph34r: - Steve Howard, Rob Hulse, Kris Commons, Chris Martin, Craig Bryson, Darren Bent, Tom Ince. 

5 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

But Zanzala has a good name so he must be a nailed on 20+ goals a season. Look at all the boring names we've had of late who haven't scored any goals :ph34r: - Steve Howard, Rob Hulse, Kris Commons, Chris Martin, Craig Bryson, Darren Bent, Tom Ince. 

Good post dude. Up to your normal standard.

On 5/24/2017 at 10:22, Ninos said:

Martin - Top scorer every years he's played for us

Zanzala - Never played a game for us

Yeh I can see the logic there...

15 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Martin - Top scorer every years he's played for us

Zanzala - Never played a game for us

Yeh I can see the logic there...

Harry Kane has never played a game for us. And Martin played for us this season. Go tighten up your "logic" buddy boi, and get back to us. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Harry Kane has never played a game for us. And Martin played for us this season. Go tighten up your "logic" buddy boi, and get back to us. :thumbsup:

Martin - Top scorer ever year he's played for us

Zanzala - Completely untested under 23's player that has had a brief loan stint in League 2 and a serious injury.

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Martin - Top scorer ever year he's played for us

Zanzala - Completely untested under 23's player that has had a brief loan stint in League 2 and a serious injury.

Re-read posts. 

Did Martin not play for us this season ?

Did I say here that Zanzala was the answer or one of three better options from within the club?

Yes Z may fail but he may be a superstar in waiting. Don't dismiss out of hand the potential you don't know for the mediocrity you do.

Zanzala has all the qualities Rowett bangs on about - power pace grit. Nugent too and to a lesser extent, Vydra. That was my point - a simple one. 

2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Zanzala has all the qualities Rowett bangs on about - power pace grit. Nugent too and to a lesser extent, Vydra. That was my point - a simple one. 

Where it falls down is in reality - simple.

16 minutes ago, Ninos said:

It's a shame, you could have used your post to talk about the need to start bringing youth players through to the 1st team and to do that you believe there's a need to start clearing out some of the players in key positions. That's fine, atleast it adds something new to the debate and something not really considered. Instead you don't look to back it up or consider your own argument, which shows to me you don't want to discuss anything aside giving a player you irrationally don't like a kicking.

Its that logic that has made this topic 200+ rather than 20.

22 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

It's a shame, you could have used your post to talk about the need to start bringing youth players through to the 1st team and to do that you believe there's a need to start clearing out some of the players in key positions.

Because that's a crazy idea in relation to Martin & Zanzala too. How much discussion can be seriously had over whether we should play CM or Zanzala?

51 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Re-read posts. 

Did Martin not play for us this season ?

Did I say here that Zanzala was the answer or one of three better options from within the club?

Yes Z may fail but he may be a superstar in waiting. Don't dismiss out of hand the potential you don't know for the mediocrity you do.

I am not dismissing him. I am addressing your original point that he should be one of the main guys backed up by Vydra. It would be unfair to put him in that position. He might well turn out to be a cracking player but you need to ease him in and not just throw him in at the deep and expect not to drown.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Year m'boy - Year - 365 days - Has he been with us for the full year? No

Smacca, Clough, Clement and Rowett have all thought Martin was good - None of them have given Zanzala a shot yet

And c'mon man - Kane - Make a serious point please

32 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because that's a crazy idea in relation to Martin & Zanzala too. How much discussion can be seriously had over whether we should play CM or Zanzala?

Well, it's not my argument because I don't agree with it, i think it's been pretty clear what camp I am in. I'm just pointing out that there was a pretty clear line of debate that could have at least pushed the topic into something different rather than 'I like him' vs 'i don't like him' because there is something to discuss in terms of academy players getting opportunities.

FWIW, Zanzala was seen as a good prospect before his injury and the likes of him and Bennett (who has seemingly started to kick on again) need to start showing promise on bigger stages for the academy to be worth the investment shown in it the past few years (not just them but you get my drift in that there needs to be a steady flow of players coming through). Even if that's looking to make profit in the future from them, they need game time to improve and adapt. With the current set up can we honestly see that happening? 

Archived