- Derby County with Chrissy Martin:

2013/14: 3rd

2014/15: 1st (33 games before injury)

2015/16: 5th

- Derby County without Chrissy Martin:

2014/15: injured, plummeted from 1st to 8th in final 15 games 

2016/17: 9th

- Fulham with Chrissy Martin:

2016/17: first play off appearance since like forever.

- Fulham without Chrissy Martin:

2013/14: Shiiiiit

2014/15: Shiiiiit

2015/16: Shiiiiit

Welcome home Chrissy Martin, Derby's number 9.

36 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Just seen him in B&Q buying patio furniture. He's coming home. 

What an idiot. Totally the wrong time to buy. I bought mine from b&q in September and got an unbelievable deal on a 6 seater ex display set with parasol, cushions and even lights for the parasol all thrown in.

I'm really happy Chris is back in one way - he adds that physicality to the forward line that Gary's been harping on about. But I do worry about his obvious lack of consumer awareness and i wonder if that might affect his performances on the pitch. For example what if he leaves it till late November to buy his artificial Chrismas tree? He should be buying that now at half the price then he won't be worrying about it when we've got a 6 pointer against Villa on December 1st.

3 hours ago, toddy said:

Another end to poor season by Martin, he has had trouble getting a start at Fulham, he has had touble scoring goals, he has refused to play. Martin is over paid and has under achieved and some think he will return to make Derby contenders for promotion next season. :lol:

Vintage toddy this

1. 'Poor season': scored 10 goals (11 all comps) in a team that didn't want to play him but still started him anyway. Only player to score two braces for them.

2. 'Trouble scoring goals': best goals per game ratio in the Fulham side.

3. 'Under achieved': still their preferred striker despite refusing to play and signing a new contract with us while with them.

4. Use a condescending emoji to give faux confidence to increasingly desperate trolling

:huh:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/could-derby-county-striker-chris-martin-have-a-future-at-fulham-here-s-what-slavisa-jokanovic-said/story-30337552-detail/story.html

Sorry to be a lazy linker but can't copy and paste it on my iPad, because if I attempt to then I'll have to smash it against a wall in frustration.

Jokanovic calls Martin a 'Derby player'

Says he'd like to work with all the loanees again but it's out of his hands.

9 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/could-derby-county-striker-chris-martin-have-a-future-at-fulham-here-s-what-slavisa-jokanovic-said/story-30337552-detail/story.html

Sorry to be a lazy linker but can't copy and paste it on my iPad, because if I attempt to then I'll have to smash it against a wall in frustration.

Jokanovic calls Martin a 'Derby player'

Says he'd like to work with all the loanees again but it's out of his hands.

"This is not in my hands. It depends on different things. I'm very happy with the collaboration of these people this season behind us but this situation is not in my hands."

... but... but... we were assured by certain posters that Fulham held all the aces and there's nothing we could do, whether Chrissy wanted to stay there beyond this season or not... :lol:

26 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

"This is not in my hands. It depends on different things. I'm very happy with the collaboration of these people this season behind us but this situation is not in my hands."

... but... but... we were assured by certain posters that Fulham held all the aces and there's nothing we could do, whether Chrissy wanted to stay there beyond this season or not... :lol:

I thought they were buying him to sell him straight away :blink:

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

I thought they were buying him to sell him straight away :blink:

I hope we're in for him, he's just the right calibre of player we should be targeting in my opinion - big, strong, smart, scores goals and brings runners in to play. If we're to break the bank for anyone this summer, Martin is the type of marquee signing that we should do it for.

4 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

It might have something to do with the £30,000 a week we are allegedly  paying him now and if Fulham want him they would certainly have to exceed that amount, which for a championship striker who did not even manage to get into the top 20 goal scorers for the season is rather silly.

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

It might have something to do with the £30,000 a week we are allegedly  paying him now and if Fulham want him they would certainly have to exceed that amount, which for a championship striker who did not even manage to get into the top 20 goal scorers for the season is rather silly.

Did we find any half decent sources for your alleged £30,000?

18 minutes ago, toddy said:

Would that not mean that it would be in his hands, not "out of my hands" like he said?

22 minutes ago, toddy said:

Hallelujah-Praise-the.jpg

25 minutes ago, toddy said:

Yes, you need to go back to the January section.......

Only had to go back to April to find it. To me there are too many variables to the story to say it's £30,000. Especially if it's come from Fulham's end in Simon Austin (ie, it's in Fulham's interest to say he wanted more money rather than he just didn't want to stay, or did Martin just outprice himself from staying at Fulham?). You have to ask why this information was given and who's interest is it to read it. I'm sure similar things have happened with info Derby have given the local media at times (the Ince/Thorne sagas had loads of contrasting news in local reports at the time).

Not saying you are wrong, just looking to balance it.

Archived