The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

Finally the target man option we've been crying out for all season! That said agree with the comments that he's not guaranteed a start, I think Rowett will vary the line up depending on the opposition (bit like Jokanovic) so he can expect some time on the bench. It's a squad game and he gives us something different.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thorne, Fozzy and Martin back. Three great players for three departments - and we haven't spent a penny. If GR can sort out back up for Thorne and get some quality out wide - we will be there or thereabouts. He has plenty of options to ship out to balance the books - so has every chance to please everyone.

If he happens to unearth a gem or two to boot - then all the better ?

I suspect it might be the annual summer optimism returning - but feeling very positive about next season. UTR! ?

6 minutes ago, cannable said:

My favourite Chrissy Martin stat is that by the age of 19 he'd been banned from 68 pubs around Suffolk. Those are the types of numbers every footballer should be aspiring to.

FTFY

3 minutes ago, cannable said:

Norfolk, Suffolk, they're all related!

True. The only reason it was so many is because of the pub watch they were in, you get banned from one you get banned from them all.

13 minutes ago, cannable said:

My favourite Chrissy Martin stat is that by the age of 19 he'd been banned from 68 pubs around Norfolk. Those are the types of numbers every footballer should be aspiring to.

And he's still yonks on working off the beer belly, or not 

Another end to poor season by Martin, he has had trouble getting a start at Fulham, he has had touble scoring goals, he has refused to play. Martin is over paid and has under achieved and some think he will return to make Derby contenders for promotion next season. :lol:

10 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I doubt anyone cares, but how bad was that header at the end?  Perfect cross and puts it at least two yards wide. Wish l could share the home coming excitement, but l do hope we can find better. 

Have to agree i-ram. Nugent has done more than fine and suits Rowett's pressing style a lot more for me. Don't think he has been given the credit he deserves because many have been too obsessed with getting Martin back. Would Martin have score a hattrick against Fulham(if he was still a Derby player) the same way Nugent did? No way. If only Nuge was a few years younger.

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Fulham are going to be a massive threat next season for me. They will probably sign a striker better than Martin and more suited to their team. Going to be very tough very season

I'm not so sure. Cairney is a huge part of the way they play, and he's guaranteed to leave. Depends if they reinvest the 10-15 they get for him. Sessengon will probably go too. Depends on their ambitions I guess.

On a side note, absolutely buzzing that Chrissy is back. Best striker at the club. Rowett sounded enthused in prior interviews and I really hope he can get him playing! 

Archived