The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

4 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Don't forget Rams all time goalscorer chart Martin is actually climbing up. 

Here the links that actually back up this post.

http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/where-does-wolves-target-chris-martin-stand-on-derby-county-s-list-of-all-time-goalscorers/story-29610735-detail/story.html 

Very good to read and some good players there in the list too. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/where-does-wolves-target-chris-martin-stand-on-derby-county-s-list-of-all-time-goalscorers/story-29610735-detail/story.html 

He's catching some of the greats and Martin has moved ahead of the likes of Dean Sturrdige (59), Reg Harrison (59), Peter Ramage (60) and Ray Straw (60) in Derby's list of scorers.

Chris Martin is a good player and some folk maybe haven't been around when Derby County have realy struggled in the lower leagues and seen some or the majority of our lesser strikers that have played for the club.

Did anyone step up into his boots last season and do what Chris Martin does?

I'm looking forward to see him play again in a Derby County shirt and set up and score loads of goals for Derby County.

Steve Bloomers Watching......

22 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Derby County striker Chris Martin is plotting England's downfall as he aims to give his dad the perfect birthday present this weekend. Martin is part of the Scotland squad to face Gareth Southgate's men in a World Cup qualifier at Hampden Park on Saturday. On his previous appearance at the Glasgow venue three months ago, the 28-year-old netted a late winner to earn the Scots a precious victory against Slovenia.

Martin would love to produce a repeat performance against the group leaders - on the day his father Gerry turns 60.

"A last-minute winner wouldn't be bad, he has actually mentioned that," Martin junior told The Scotsman.
"With my dad turning 60 on the day, I'll be buzzing if can play any kind of part against England and recreate what happened last time at Hampden. It wasn't about me, though, it was about the result for the country. Obviously my dad was delighted, as were the rest of my family. There were about 15 of them there last time and there will be a fair few this time as well."
"My dad moved to England when he was maybe 20 or 21 but he's from Glasgow and he's the reason I am here playing for Scotland. "He's been a big part in the Scottish bandwagon and the family are all up here. Hopefully, I can score the winner for them.
"My dad was always strong on our Scottish heritage, so I never had the choice when I was growing up. You don't mess with your dad. We've never been allowed to forget where we're from. Sometimes the people who live away from home are the most passionate, 100%."
Martin was booed by some disgruntled Scotland fans when he was brought on as a substitute against Slovenia.
"I've not had too many Scotland fans saying sorry but they don't need to apologise to me," he added.
"They can voice their opinion all they like. Hopefully, I can change their minds if they don't have a high opinion of me in the first place.
"I am a professional and my job is to get out on the pitch and get the winner. I was lucky enough for that to happen against Slovenia.
"It doesn't even bear thinking about what it would mean to do it again against England."

Martin is joined in the Scotland squad by Derby team-mate Ikechi Anya.

Lol at the final sentence...who? :D

”Martin has cherished the continued faith shown in him by Scotland manager Gordon Strachan throughout what was a turbulent season at club level. He spent most of it on loan at Fulham, but was at the centre of controversy over his initial desire to return to parent club Derby sooner than the London outfit wanted. “It’s been very tumultuous, shall I say,” he said. “It’s probably the strangest season of my career, especially off the field. Hopefully, there is a real positive twist to end an up-and-down season. Football is like that at times. It can be a rollercoaster, but not usually all in the one season.

“Sometimes you need to ride the wave and, hopefully, I can top it off with a real high against England.

“It’s been crazy. I don’t want to go into too much detail but, if I told people what happened, they wouldn’t believe me. “Some strange things have transpired away from the football pitch. It’s been a bit disappointing on the pitch. I’ve been inconsistent but there have been some contributing factors towards that. It’s gone now and I’m just looking forward to Saturday and hopefully playing my part in a win.

“There were certain things said during the January transfer window that didn’t come from myself. That’s the hardest part, trying to deal with things that I had no attachment to really. I’ve seen a lot in my career and I’d like to think I’m fairly mature. I tried to deal with it the best way I could but that contributed to what happened on the pitch.

“I was in and out of the team and that makes it difficult to make your mark. I’ll put it down to experience and go again next season. It’s over now. I’ve secured a new contract at Derby and I’ll be heading back there for pre-season. My family weren’t able to join me down in London because the deal as temporary, so I was away for eight or nine months. The kids are obviously delighted I’m back with them and I’m looking to push on for next season.

“I’ve spoken to the new Derby manager Gary Rowett on a couple of occasions and everything has been positive. You never know. I could go back in pre-season and things could change, it can change quickly in football. But he’s making all the right noises. There was a period of adjustment and I’m sure there will be changes over the summer, as happens at most clubs. But I’ll be back 
on June 29 and we’ll go from there.

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/scotland/chris-martin-win-over-england-would-make-my-father-s-day-1-4467967

Some very interesting snippets from the Scotsman that the DET left out, I wonder why?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Some very interesting snippets from the Scotsman that the DET left out, I wonder why?

Maybe they don't want to included that bit. 

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

[From the Scotsman] Chris Martin said “There were certain things said during the January transfer window that didn’t come from myself. That’s the hardest part, trying to deal with things that I had no attachment to really. I’ve seen a lot in my career and I’d like to think I’m fairly mature. I tried to deal with it the best way I could but that contributed to what happened on the pitch.

@Dimmu I'm sure that @toddy would have said that was a #toddyfact! Lol.

32 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Probably going to be in another article for those clickbait £££'s.

'Chris Martin opens up about Fulham saga' or summit 

16 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Looking at this list of 'legends' it strikes me we haven't had many goalscorers who have stuck around for long over the last 30 years! !

Looking at his comments I would say someone at Fulham, or Derby was saying things about Martin that weren't true, such as the calls that Martin was desperate to come back to us in January.

It wouldn't surprise me if a certain person who recently left Derby was trying everything he could to get Martin back, when Martin wasn't that desperate.

His comments don't strike me as someone who is chomping at the bit to get back to Derby.

Whereas I am chomping at the bit to have him back in Derby!!

From that DET interview:

"It's been crazy. I don't want to go into too much detail but, if I told people what happened, they wouldn't believe me. "Some strange things have transpired away from the football pitch."

What a goddamn tease.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Are we all thinking that a Machiavellian goatie might have been shaking things up for everyone behind the scenes?

I think Martin is a bit wary saying anything to much about Derby after a) January and b) not having worked with Rowett, may not feel to secure in his plans just yet.

I have that very same feeling.

Sounds like a mr goatie made things very difficult for Mr Martin.

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Are we all thinking that a Machiavellian goatie might have been shaking things up for everyone behind the scenes?

I think Martin is a bit wary saying anything to much about Derby after a) January and b) not having worked with Rowett, may not feel to secure in his plans just yet.

Could he be on about the refusing play bit?

"There were certain things said during the January transfer window that didn't come from myself. That's the hardest part, trying to deal with things that I had no attachment to, really.

Archived