unclej

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Don't you need to play to all players strengths to get the best out of them? :p

Alright smart arse. :p

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

Sums Chris Martin up for me, a man who could easily play in the top leagues in the world but plies his trade with Derby County

As a big Collins and Genesis fan I have to say 'Phil why did you destroy Leo's piece of music magic?'

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

I wonder how long it will be in the new season before an opponent takes a dive and gains an advantage against us?

Most on this thread will be beside themselves with indignation... Football fans..

Yep, because some rotter is gaining an advantage against my team and it's a competitive sport. When Martin does it its similar in that he's trying to gain an advantage for my team. Also it's not diving per se, it's feeling contact (ie a push in the back in most of Martin's instances) which the ref doesn't see and trying to make something out of it, and ALL players do it. When Chris Baird will go down easily whilst winning 1-0 with 2 mins of stoppage time to play to win a free kick and it's called 'clever play' but it's just the same.

It is, and always has been, a part of football.

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

I wonder how long it will be in the new season before an opponent takes a dive and gains an advantage against us?

Most on this thread will be beside themselves with indignation... Football fans..

Job of the ref to spot dives, it goes both ways. I see it less as cheating and more as gamesmanship.

Also, Martin very rarely goes down without contact, he just exaggerates contact to win a free-kick and the best attacking players in the world do the same. We refer to it in shorthand as diving but it isn't really. It's worked effectively for every team he's played for, including Scotland yesterday. 

Are you suggesting you'd rather have a player that didn't go down under contact and occupy the moral high ground when a team goes 1-0 up against us due to their striker winning a penalty?

"You'll never see us winning a game like that, thank god"

I'd be absolutely fuming at our player if he came under sufficient contact in the box but didn't go down. There's being honest and there's being an idiot. If a player can goes down because the defenders been stupid enough to give them sufficient contact to win a free-kick then power to him.

Also, you seem pretty upset about a DCFC player performing well on the big stage?

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Yep, because some rotter is gaining an advantage against my team and it's a competitive sport. When Martin does it its similar in that he's trying to gain an advantage for my team. Also it's not diving per se, it's feeling contact (ie a push in the back in most of Martin's instances) which the ref doesn't see and trying to make something out of it, and ALL players do it. When Chris Baird will go down easily whilst winning 1-0 with 2 mins of stoppage time to play to win a free kick and it's called 'clever play' but it's just the same.

It is, and always has been, a part of football.

Like I said... Different when it's against you, we will see who bleats then.

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

Job of the ref to spot dives, it goes both ways. I see it less as cheating and more as gamesmanship.

Also, Martin very rarely goes down without contact, he just exaggerates contact to win a free-kick and the best attacking players in the world do the same. We refer to it in shorthand as diving but it isn't really. It's worked effectively for every team he's played for, including Scotland yesterday. 

Are you suggesting you'd rather have a player that didn't go down under contact and occupy the moral high ground when a team goes 1-0 up against us due to their striker winning a penalty?

"You'll never see us winning a game like that, thank god"

I'd be absolutely fuming at our player if he came under sufficient contact in the box but didn't go down. There's being honest and there's being an idiot. If a player can goes down because the defenders been stupid enough to give them sufficient contact to win a free-kick then power to him.

Also, you seem pretty upset about a DCFC player performing well on the big stage?

Cheating or gamesmanship... It's ****. Goes down under contact (even the slightest).. Nah don't like it.

Young and old I guess.. You would be fuming, I would be applauding. Football was one 'The Beautiful Game'. Maybe not so much now. Defenders should still be able to defend and have contact in a contact sport. Free kicks are still free kicks for foul play as are penalties.. 

Martin like others, Dennis Wise for example.. Plays for you he is a god, plays against you he is a cheating barstard.

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

Cheating or gamesmanship... It's ****. Goes down under contact (even the slightest).. Nah don't like it.

Martin like others, Dennis Wise for example.. Plays for you he is a god, plays against you he is a cheating barstard.

The aim of the game is to win.

So how much contact does there have to be btw? No answer to that is there.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

The aim of the game is to win.

So how much contact does there have to be btw? No answer to that is there.

Of course the aim is to win... Well done for spotting that. Does that excuse everything then? 

Contact can be fair and unfair.. what's you point?

4 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Young and old I guess.. You would be fuming, I would be applauding. Football was one 'The Beautiful Game'. Maybe not so much now. Defenders should still be able to defend and have contact in a contact sport. Free kicks are still free kicks for foul play as are penalties.. 

Don't give me that nonsense about young and old.

I've seen Escape to Victory, cheats have been doing it for years. 

Of course the aim is to win... Well done for spotting that. Does that excuse everything then? 

Contact can be fair and unfair.. what's you point?

The point is YOU cannot possibly say how much contact is unfair can you - do you get that?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The point is YOU cannot possibly say how much contact is unfair can you - do you get that?

I never said you could.. Well done for winning an argument with yourself.. 10/10.. 

So going down under the slightest contact s okay with you.. Fine. My initial point was is that when it happens against us, some will be bleating big time. 

I never said you could.. Well done for winning an argument with yourself.. 10/10.. 

So going down under the slightest contact s okay with you.. Fine. My initial point was is that when it happens against us, some will be bleating big time. 

You really are little angry ram aren't you.

As someone else said of course fans complain when they feel hard done to. How long has it taken you to realise that. :D

31 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I would be more annoyed at our defender that gave a striker an easy chance to go down. The challenge on Martin yesterday was a stupid, ridiculous challenge to make, that didn't need to be made. As an England fan that is what annoyed me. I wouldn't have cared who the player was that got fouled, even if it was Forest player againsy Derby.

45 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I'd say having Martin play for us has changed my opinion on diving/gamesmanship for good, definitely something I see as an attribute rather than an unpleasant characteristic. You don't want players people like playing against.

And we've had to sit through ******* Savage playing for our team, I'm more than okay with Martin taking the occasional tumble.

Archived