Next Manager

BuckoBeast

Just now, clough08 said:

Whilst NC wouldn't be my choice - to say he is a fraud is tripe. He managed on peanuts and got us comfortably mid-table or above. We probably won't manage that this season despite the millions spent. Had Clough been given that money, there is every chance he would have got us up by now. But you can't relive the past, so CP would be my choice now.

I agree with the bit about him doing well on peanuts. 

However when the board decided to give Clough some money, He went out and spent £1.2m (At that point, this was alot of money) on the infamous Connor Sammon. 

If we had given him £25m+ I dread to think what he would have bought. 

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

Rowett has the least completed passes for a team last season, probably the same this season. Pure hoofball, to put him forward shows a lack of understanding of the game. You think our players who demand we only play one formation would go along with long punts in to channels? Dream on.

You were on for a like until this sentence!

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

However when the board decided to give Clough some money, He went out and spent £1.2m (At that point, this was alot of money) on the infamous Connor Sammon. 

While I agree clough isn't the answer, look at what he has bought with significant money. Shackell  (made profit on), brayford/bailey (Brayford sold for more than we bought the pair for), Russell  (worth much more than we bought him for) Bryson (worth at least if not more than what we paid), Keogh (worth more and is arguably the best defender we have). 

Yes he's made financial flops, but put it into perspective,we've paid much more for lesser players.

5 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

His five biggest signings were Sammon, Keogh, Barker, Shackell and Brayford. One dud from five ain't bad.

And before you say 'BUT KEOGH' - in order for us to pass it out from the back like Clough wanted to and McClaren after him Keogh was absolutely vital. 

1 hour ago, trevor1946 said:

This season has only just begun..Been in football 60 years,and have lost the plot.

Pearson Clements,all sacked on non football related matters,What the hell is going on.

Are we on a computer game,Perhaps only the young,and foolish understands ,McClaren--Clements--Wassell-Pearson.

9 coaches,plus a director of football. gone in 55 games,are going for a record

Ray?

6 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

While I agree clough isn't the answer, look at what he has bought with significant money. Shackell  (made profit on), brayford/bailey (Brayford sold for more than we bought the pair for), Russell  (worth much more than we bought him for) Bryson (worth at least if not more than what we paid), Keogh (worth more and is arguably the best defender we have). 

Yes he's made financial flops, but put it into perspective,we've paid much more for lesser players.

This is true, However if the market hadn't of blown up these past few years I don't know if they would be.

But I do agree in today's market we undoubtedly have made a profit on these players

Chrissy Powell would be a good choice to keep the fans happy, but I get the impression from reading the forums that that is partly the reason we got NP in? 

I like Chris Hughton, look what he did with Brighton given the time, and in some respect Newcastle. 

I hope whoever comes in is given the proper time to work with the squad, as of now I'm not thinking of a promotion season anymore, not unless someone overachieves like SMC did in his first season. If we have one mediocre season though I'm certain heads will be called for again.

I wanted NP to have the time by the way, however rightly or wrongly it would have turned out, we'll never truly know.  

44 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Why is Nigel clough not being touted about. He's clearly the best option for the club 

have you had enough answers yet? or do you need more?

Simply, for me, why go for him when we can step passed him and go for McClaren who's already shown what can be done with a happy coaching setup and squad.

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

Alladyce odds to be next derby manager now 7/2. 

Not too sure what to make of that. Surely we wouldn't go to him.

why not, Got proven track record of improving teams to the point of success. I bet Sunderland fans want him back.

Can you post the odds up please, might get you a 'like'. I cannot access gambling sites at work.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

why not, Got proven track record of improving teams to the point of success. I bet Sunderland fans want him back.

Can you post the odds up please, might get you a 'like'. I cannot access gambling sites at work.

I'm unsure on how to posst screenshots :(

5 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Alladyce odds to be next derby manager now 7/2. 

Not too sure what to make of that. Surely we wouldn't go to him.

Those are the odds for "Allardyce's next club", NOT "next Derby manager" odds.

There's a big difference.

We're bound to be shorter odds than most, as it looks likely we'll soon have a vacancy.

Archived