Next Manager

BuckoBeast

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Waffle said:

Who stands out for you who's currently unemployed?

I honestly don't know. Every manager who is unemployed is, technically, a failure, and everyone who isn't is

a) currently employed

and

b) going to be a failure next time around.

Has Nigel Pearson been sacked yet, all this Derbys next manager should be....... Blah, Blah, Blah. It's a bit of a poor show for me that this is being discussed as the last I heard he had been suspended pending an internal inquiry.

Seems a bit odd that Idiakez has gone today what's the link there?

NP is still only suspend and nothing else, Whats going on at our Club :blink:

8 minutes ago, eddie said:

I honestly don't know. Every manager who is unemployed is, technically, a failure, and everyone who isn't is

a) currently employed

and

c) will inevitably be sacked by Mel Morris after some nominal time at the club for some sundry reason

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

a) currently employed

and

The only one I can think of Would be Steve Bruce. Has done reasonably well with hull got them promoted but left due to no promise of financial backing (I think).

Other than that I'd probably give Powell the job, decent manager, would be nice to see what he could do with better players and a bit of cash to spend.

Just now, Ram79 said:

I think Mel wanted Gary rowett originally but got persuaded into going with Pearson this time he won't make that mistake I feel confident Gary Rowett is his top target and I think he could do very well here. 

It would be another strange appointment in my opinion, he is hardly regarded for his attractive brand of football.

Time for Simo Valakari. His club has turned down offers from Scottish PL, but I think they'd allow him to move to us.

He has done marvellous job last couple of seasons, developing players and even winning the league (which is quite an achievement when you don't manage HJK).

2 minutes ago, Ram79 said:

He's an upcoming ambitious manager 

So was Paul Clement (although I realise he was a coach by trade).

Just don't think the football any of Rowetts teams have played is what MM was looking for.

Of course Rowett could say he has only been able to work with what he had and given financial support would play a completely different brand of football.

If we are hamstrung by FFP as a fair few fans seem to believe then maybe it will be Chris Powell as the least cost alternative.

Rather than an outright dismissal of Pearson, the club could be going along the route of suspension, followed by an investigation and finally dismissal on the grounds of gross misconduct.

The clear advantage of the latter, and maybe the driving force behind the course of action, is the potential financial saving which would help any FFP considerations.

Archived