Next Manager

BuckoBeast

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Do we know whether any of the staff will go post-Pearson?

If Powell becomes boss, do we think Idiakez ,  Phillips etc will stay?

P.s.Idiakez Autocorrected to I diaper on my phone! 

Idiakez is suspended along with Nigel, so chances are he will be gone too.

2 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Dear me,

How can you ask for Clough back? 

He won't get us anywhere. Plays worse football than Pearson. 

Clough is a mid-table championship manager. Cannot win against the big teams and is afraid of change. 

Glad he went and thank god we have never gone back to him.

Do you abuse him on Twitter the same way you do the players?

2 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Let Powell run with it for now and re-assess in December ahead of the transfer window. If he's doing well let have the rest of the season and see where we go, if he's struggling, start the interview process in late Nov with a view to appointing a new manager early Dec, giving them a month to assess the squad before the transfer window. 

In all honesty there aren't many managers available that I would be keen on at present!

Interesting idea. Maybe Chris Powell was Mels insurance policy from day one?

I expect it will perhaps drag on a bit as Mel & Sam, go though their usual 'rigorous' recruitment process (the one that ends up with the wrong person for the job, apparently).

Any manager coming in will be wary now, so it certainly wont be a manager who currently has a good job.

That leaves it to those out of work and / or with flaws in their CV, or someone already at the club.

Narrowed down, there doesn't seem a lot of choice out there tbh. People talk about Steve Bruce, but he recently had some conflict with a chairman. Would Morris want any of that, or does he thrive on it?

I'm not hopeful of a top quality appointment, but we will have to see.

Rowett has the least completed passes for a team last season, probably the same this season. Pure hoofball, to put him forward shows a lack of understanding of the game. You think our players who demand we only play one formation would go along with long punts in to channels? Dream on.

21 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not sure if I'm missing something here but why the sudden clamber for the person who has been assisting Pearson?

Surely Powell is a big part of what we've seen so far this season?

This is true.

Also Huddersfield fans aren't to keen on him. If he can't do it at a mid-lower table club, I very much doubt he could get us anywhere in this league.

Archived