Next Manager

BuckoBeast

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

copy and paste the text maybe.

I can post screenshots, cos I'm part of the Elite. (Members +), you're just a ....ahem.... member.

Ohhhhh im sorry your highness. Heres the text from Sky Bet.

Sam Allardyce Next Manager Job

Win Specials Caretaker and interim managers completing at least 10 competitive games will be deemed the permanent manager

Any Chinese Super League Club 5/2

Sunderland 7/2

Derby 7/2

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in a article I've just read, the favourites mentioned are unsurprising; McClaren, Rowett, Powell, but the one nobody has mentioned, who was mentioned in that article is Paul Lambert.

Now, considering the dross he worked with at both Villa and Blackburn, and what's happened since he left either/both, AND his performance at Norwich, they were a great Championship team a few years back under him, maybe worth considering.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

in a article I've just read, the favourites mentioned are unsurprising; McClaren, Rowett, Powell, but the one nobody has mentioned, who was mentioned in that article is Paul Lambert.

Now, considering the dross he worked with at both Villa and Blackburn, and what's happened since he left either/both, AND his performance at Norwich, they were a great Championship team a few years back under him, maybe worth considering.

To be fair,

Paul Lambert would be a good manager to have.

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Many people at Villa blame him for what has happened to them though.

The team that got relegated wasn't the team that he started there with, he got rid of most of their assets, froze out others, and replaced them with crap. 

17 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

The team that got relegated wasn't the team that he started there with, he got rid of most of their assets, froze out others, and replaced them with crap. 

He did seem to have a stubborn streak (remind you of anyone?) whereby he'd keep picking kids who looked completely out of their depth even when he potentially had better players that couldn't even get in the match day squad - not sure I'd want him unless he's learned an awful lot of lessons since then....

36 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Lambert was working at Villa under the same set of instructions from his American owner that Nigel Clough had at Derby from our American owners.

37 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

okay, if you can name me 2 assets he got rid of, I'll let you have that.

I don't buy into what fans always say. Some Derby fans blame Billy Davies for Derby struggling for 5 years under Clough. Some Derby fans blame Forsyth and Buxton for Keogh duffing a routine clearance into the path of Bobby Zamora. Neither are the truth.

Villa were starved of funds. He left them with assets, who were sold under Sherwood.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I don't buy into what fans always say. Some Derby fans blame Billy Davies for Derby struggling for 5 years under Clough. Some Derby fans blame Forsyth and Buxton for Keogh duffing a routine clearance into the path of Bobby Zamora. Neither are the truth.

Villa were starved of funds. He left them with assets, who were sold under Sherwood.

Benteke is one to be fair, Who was manager when they sold James Milner & Gareth Barry?

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

Yes Lambert was operating with both hands tied behind his back at. His mistake was joining Villa under an owner looing for out.

First post, I can't imagine I'm the first person to join in light of recent events. I've always read the forum. 

I'm all for giving Powell a go for now (if Pearson gets the sack) as it seems the players respond under him. I'd like to see Laudrup given a chance, I know he's already been suggested, but for me he seems to be the only free manager who suits The Derby Way. 

2 minutes ago, Waffle said:

First post, I can't imagine I'm the first person to join in light of recent events. I've always read the forum. 

I'm all for giving Powell a go for now (if Pearson gets the sack) as it seems the players respond under him. I'd like to see Laudrup given a chance, I know he's already been suggested, but for me he seems to be the only free manager who suits The Derby Way. 

Welcome to the Forum Waffle.

Laudrup would be a good shout and I think he would use some of the academy players coming through.

Who remembers last game of the season when Hughes started and everybody saw the team sheet and thought 'who is that then', now look at him. Plenty more can come through our academy like this and go on to be regular starters and maybe, just maybe Laudrup could do that.

5 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Welcome to the Forum Waffle.

Laudrup would be a good shout and I think he would use some of the academy players coming through.

Who remembers last game of the season when Hughes started and everybody saw the team sheet and thought 'who is that then', now look at him. Plenty more can come through our academy like this and go on to be regular starters and maybe, just maybe Laudrup could do that.

I was at that game... didn't know who he was and thought "oh great! reduced to bringing on 16 year olds" that was the game that Conner Doyle had a shocker and we lost late on. But I remember being really impressed at his full debut - he always wanted the ball.

19 minutes ago, Waffle said:

Welcome Waffle, 

Great shout, Laudrup has gone under the radar in recent years. Think he didn't get much credit for the job he did at Swansea. Would be a good appointment. 

Does he still have his brother as his assistant manager like Koeman? 

33 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Starved of funds?

In Lamberts first season he spent 25m (The 6th highest spending team in the PL) 

17.2m in season 2.

10m in 14/15

The season after he left Benteke was sold, the outgoings during Lamberts time, it turns out, were pretty much all releases (mostly youth).

The transfer details of his time dont strike me as the transfer dealings of a club with no funds, they strike me as the transfer dealings of a club who splashed the cash on a lot of players with only one of them actually doing well (Benteke).

Looking at it, I don't think its who he got rid of as much as who he froze out until their contracts expired. I spent a lot of time on the Villa forum while Bent was on loan with us, a season where they couldnt score a goal to save their life, and their best 4 forwards weren't being played (No, Bent isn't one of those 4 although many questioned why he wasn't at least being tried).

2 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Welcome Waffle, 

Great shout, Laudrup has gone under the radar in recent years. Think he didn't get much credit for the job he did at Swansea. Would be a good appointment. 

Does he still have his brother as his assistant manager like Koeman? 

@CHCDerby @RamsPolls Thank you for the warm welcome. 

To my knowledge after the Swansea job he had success in Qatar and hasn't managed since. After a Google search it looks like his brother is in Media. Potentially if Laudrup managed again he could bring his brother with him.

1 minute ago, Waffle said:

@CHCDerby @RamsPolls Thank you for the warm welcome. 

To my knowledge after the Swansea job he had success in Qatar and hasn't managed since. After a Google search it looks like his brother is in Media. Potentially if Laudrup managed again he could bring his brother with him.

Maybe i'm getting confused. I thought he always had his brother as a assistant. Possibly not. 

I would still accept him here, How do you stand on the Mcclaren possibility @Waffle?

Archived