Next Manager

BuckoBeast

18 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

a Clough & McClaren team, Clough buying, picking and managing the team, with McClaren coaching them and keeping them fit, positive and happy, COULD have been the ticket.

I think Sam has burnt bridges with Clough and Mel has burnt bridges with McClaren, so it won't happen! lol

Clough director of football, McClaren head coach! 

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes me laugh reading "we are derby county we can have who we want"

would any/many managers wish to come to a club where the chairman gives the manager a few games then decides to jump up and step in.  Give it Powell and let him build something instead of making him manager till the end of the season then doing another Witch hunt for another manager.

If Powell does succeed in getting the job, I feel he needs a decent right hand man. Step up Paul Simpson.

I think Rowett adapts his style to the players he has available. He'd be a good choice. Bruce is proven and I dont think he would rip things up. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes to England now. I wanted Monk, think it will be difficult to get him now from Leeds. If McClaren apologised and fully committed in blood to Derby id have him back in a heartbeat! Unlikely though.

I was happy with Pearson appointment, he was the outstanding candidate available. I'm surprised it's worked out like this, but we are quickly becoming more of a joke than the clowns in West Bridgford! Clement was a bad appointment, his horrendous spending got us here, we were only top at Christmas due to Chris Martin, and occasional performances from Ince and Butterfield, there was no pattern of play, no plan, we relied on individuals and the wheels quickly fell off. The next appointment needs to be right.

My view, for some continuity at least, I think we should give Powell a chance.

2 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

This is great news, and I actually had him in my top 10 preferred managers to take over:

1. Rowett
2. Rowett
3. Rowett
4. Rowett
5. Rowett
6. Rowett
7. Rowett
8. Rowett
9. McClaren
10. Wassall

It's in The Sun, therefore it's not news.

Rowett took over a seriously bad Birmingham side. They were almost certain for relegation, absolutely dreadful. He's come in and turned them around dramatically when players like Ryan Shotton are their 'bigger' signings.

He would be a decent appointment, but I reckon we'll just go with Powell for now.

4 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Rowett? Hmm. Not sure. Hasn't really lit up the managerial world. Is this just another, "fan favourite choice?". However I will give him 100% of my support just as I have all the rest

I'd be more than happy rolling the dice with a fan favorite choice over languishing in the relegation zone with some mardy ostrich nutter at the helm.

1 minute ago, wixman1884 said:

I'd be more than happy rolling the dice with a fan favorite choice over languishing in the relegation zone with some mardy ostrich nutter at the helm.

The same Mardy ostrich nutter who was a fan favourite choice 3 months ago?

2 hours ago, StapenhillRam said:

If we are hamstrung by FFP as a fair few fans seem to believe then maybe it will be Chris Powell as the least cost alternative.

Rather than an outright dismissal of Pearson, the club could be going along the route of suspension, followed by an investigation and finally dismissal on the grounds of gross misconduct.

The clear advantage of the latter, and maybe the driving force behind the course of action, is the potential financial saving which would help any FFP considerations.

Or is given a warning as to his future conduct. And then comes back apologising for any misbehaviour/misunderstanding and promising to lead us to the PL 

13 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

This is great news, and I actually had him in my top 10 preferred managers to take over:

1. Rowett
2. Rowett
3. Rowett
4. Rowett
5. Rowett
6. Rowett
7. Rowett
8. Rowett
9. McClaren
10. Wassall

Although I like the man, I have reservations like a few others about his footballing philosophy being the right fit. It's possible he could adapt to fit the squad or vice versa but I'd prefer going for someone we know for sure has a philosophy likely to get the most out the squad.

Right now though I think we might struggle to attract better candidates (ones that  might have joined in the summer) and I do wonder if it's worth, provided he can keep us steady, just letting Powell see it out until the right man comes available (obviously if Powell is looking good sign him up).

Archived