Next Manager

BuckoBeast

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I would welcome Steve Mac back...if not give Powell a chance.

Schteve couldn't fit us in around lectures and homework now that he's gone back to school (probably pronounced schkool).

I was a Warburton man last time around but I'm warming to the idea of Karl Robinson. His team played decent football on the whole but he wasn't afraid to adapt to get a result. 

12 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Schteve couldn't fit us in around lectures and homework now that he's gone back to school (probably pronounced schkool).

I was a Warburton man last time around but I'm warming to the idea of Karl Robinson. His team played decent football on the whole but he wasn't afraid to adapt to get a result. 

They were relegated weren't they?

14 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Karl Robinson would be a MASSIVE risk. But I see the thinking behind it, Warburton could be a good shout. 

If I could choose any manager to have and not worry about them being at a club, My choice would be Wagner at Huddersfield. But the backing he has been given from their owner in the transfer window will mean that he won't be leaving that club in a hurry. Especially after the start they have had. 

Mac is on the list of potential replacements for NP according to John Percy, I'm sat on the fence for him. He could come back and do us wonders but may never regain the trust of the fans. 

Steve Bruce has to be an option aswell, Proven at this level. Questions over his style of football but gets results and can also do it on a budget. 

3 hours ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Seriously why aren't more people suggesting this. It's the best way

Dear me,

How can you ask for Clough back? 

He won't get us anywhere. Plays worse football than Pearson. 

Clough is a mid-table championship manager. Cannot win against the big teams and is afraid of change. 

Glad he went and thank god we have never gone back to him.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Karl Robinson for me, he's in the Eddie Howe mould

They're a similar age but not so sure about the coaching and style etc. I don't know but he seems a younger version of an old school England style manager. Happy to be shown otherwise.

For me, Howe is the best out there and England / The FA / etc should look at him as the type of coach / manager that we should aspire to be producing. Sod the dinosaurs like Sam, Bruce et al. That's why we lag behind in so many ways. Prem fans and pundits are now praising Howe but for those of us in the 'other leagues' this has been apparent for years. What I also admire is that he's done all this off the radar, doesn't appear to want the limelight and seems a top bloke. I know Bournemouth have been financially supported but he's still done the business and got the results with players from down the football league.

Let Powell run with it for now and re-assess in December ahead of the transfer window. If he's doing well let have the rest of the season and see where we go, if he's struggling, start the interview process in late Nov with a view to appointing a new manager early Dec, giving them a month to assess the squad before the transfer window. 

In all honesty there aren't many managers available that I would be keen on at present!

Broken record here, but I'd use whatever spare change we have down the back of the Moor Farm sofas to get Warburton in, he's had a massive reality check in Scotland knowing they won't be overtaking Celtic any time soon so his head may be able to be turned.

Other than that I wouldn't trust Schteve to recreate the magic of that first season, more like the stuttering performances we saw in the second.

And if Karl Robinson was that progressive somebody would've taken a gamble on him by now.

Besides I think it'll be a mute point if Gentleman Chris Powell gets a win on Saturday playing a passing 4-3-3 as it'll be his job to lose...

3 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Hope they do not approach Allardyce.  He is a dinosaur.  He does tend to get results, but his style of football is not the Derby Way.  Anyway, I am not sure he will get another job in football after his recent antics.

But isn't that what we want? Someone who can win games week in week out rather than thrashing someone 5-0 one week and lose 2-0 at home the next. We need consistency, However I would be very surprised if he gets another job in England.

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

What about the Huddersfield coach Wagner?

He would be a good choice, He plays a similar style to the 4-3-3 just a different variation. 

However it would take something huge to pry him away from Huddersfield after all the backing he had in the summer. 

Archived