Next Manager

BuckoBeast

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not sure if I'm missing something here but why the sudden clamber for the person who has been assisting Pearson?

Surely Powell is a big part of what we've seen so far this season?

My sentiments exactly 

I know many on here didnt rate him but seriously from the situation we were in when he took over wassall did a great job and the only full time manager with a better record in last 15 years was maclaren lets give him a chance

Talk Sport think Powell is ideal......Knows the Squad, did wonders at Charlton under very difficult circumstances..... similar owner, had to sell all his best players. got no money for replacements, has an affinity for the club, and a very steely centre if needed behind the MR.Nice Guy.ie. no pushover.

His interview last night was enough for me to give him the job.................

2 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Not my point.

People slagged off Mac for doing the same thing that you are proposing. But its okay for us to do it.

He isn't going to stay at Huddersfield all his managerial capacity until he retires.

He will have ambitions and will know doubt wish to manager at a Champions league level eventually, we would be an up grade to Huddersfield.

He will move on when a bigger club comes in and is willing to pay Hudders compo for his services if he indeed continues the same way......

This season has only just begun..Been in football 60 years,and have lost the plot.

Pearson Clements,all sacked on non football related matters,What the hell is going on.

Are we on a computer game,Perhaps only the young,and foolish understands ,McClaren--Clements--Wassell-Pearson.

9 coaches,plus a director of football. gone in 55 games,are going for a record

Can't see any problem with Chrissy taking over (and not just because he is one of my all time favourite players.. although it is a bit of that). I have always said that, to an extent, whatever has gone before with a manager doesn't really matter. Any appointment is a risk and whether they've won the world cup or been relegated a few times, it either clicks or doesn't at a club and there are no gaurantees whoever you get. Give him a chance and see how it goes.

Oh, and I don't see him being the assistant is an issue. I'm sure he has his own ideas and approach and, I assume, being the main man is very different to being the assistant.

1 minute ago, toddy said:

He isn't going to stay at Huddersfield all his managerial capacity until he retires.

He will have ambitions and will know doubt wish to manager at a Champions league level eventually, we would be an up grade to Huddersfield.

He will move on when a bigger club comes in and is willing to pay Hudders compo for his services if he indeed continues the same way......

Once again, you've missed my point.

How on earth are we a more attractive proposition - as it stands - than Huddersfield? If he left them for Derby now, I would seriously question his motivation.

The only things bigger about Derby than Huddersfield at the moment are the crowd sizes and the wage bill.

6 minutes ago, CROSSWORD said:

WOW Wassall did a great job,trying to get my head around that one,Rednapp still available?

Funnily enough 'Arry' was on Talksport on Monday night and said he planned to go to the Reading vs Derby match on Saturday. 

In hindsight did he already know something we didn't, has Mel already spoken regarding a potential position?

Just putting that one out there. 

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

How on earth are we a more attractive proposition - as it stands - than Huddersfield? If he left them for Derby now, I would seriously question his motivation.

The only things bigger about Derby than Huddersfield at the moment are the crowd sizes and the wage bill.

No, we would be a challenge, as every footballer/coach knows we like a challenge.........

Just now, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Why is Nigel clough not being touted about. He's clearly the best option for the club 

This guy man.

How is Nigel Clough the best option for this club?

He did a great job here at stabilising the club and stopped us from going into League 1. 

But that's all he's good for, He cannot get a team anywhere near the play offs and plays more boring football than Pearson.

13 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

This post is spot on.

If David Wagner was to leave Huddersfield for us then you could be looking at another Mcclaren situation. 

A manager who head is easily turned by the site of a bigger club and bigger money. 

7 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Why is Nigel clough not being touted about. He's clearly the best option for the club 

You know, just because people ignored your post last time (or told you it was a stupid idea), doesn't mean you have to keep reposting it....

You may have a lot of man-love going on for Clough, but a lot of folk were on the verge of packing in going to games when he was in charge - plus I seriously doubt he'd entertain coming back given the bitterness he's shown towards the club after he was sacked.....and just how much humble-pie would Mel have to eat to try and get him? Mel doesn't seem to be the sort who'll beg...

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

You know, just because people ignored your post last time (or told you it was a stupid idea), doesn't mean you have to keep reposting it....

You may have a lot of man-love going on for Clough, but a lot of folk were on the verge of packing in going to games when he was in charge - plus I seriously doubt he'd entertain coming back given the bitterness he's shown towards the club after he was sacked.....and just how much humble-pie would Mel have to eat to try and get him? Mel doesn't seem to be the sort who'll beg...

The worst thing about it is that Derby County shouldn't have to beg for a man like Nigel Clough to become manager. He is a mid-lower league table manager at best and cannot get a team promoted. Even in league 1 last year when he took over from JFH at Burton he struggled. If he had been incharge all season and had the same points to games ratio as they did for the 4 or so months he was charge, They wouldn't have been promoted automatically, I don't think they would have even finished in the play offs to be honest. 

The fact that he took over when Burton were 11 points clear at the top of the table with about 13/14 games to go, and then they finished 2nd, 7 points behind Wigan is embarrassing. I don't understand why Burton fans rate him, He doesn't play good football and most of the time doesn't get the results either. 

FRAUD is the only word to describe that man. 

17 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

We do NOT want CLUELESS CLOUGH at DCFC, he's clearly NOT the BEST option for our beloved club. 

I would give Chris Powell a few games to prove himself. He deserves it, but his managerial record isn't amazing. But he's dedicated to the club and sometimes managers just need a break.

If after 4-5 games there is no clear improvement then I would try and get Maclaren in for the rest of the season.

No big contract and no flag waving return. 

Just - 'can you finish the job and can you get us into the play offs?'

if it's a success then sign him up

if it's not then we've got a season of putting a few things to bed, looking for a new manager and certainly doing better than we have been with Pearson.

we owe mclaren nothing, but maybe he has a point to prove to us, the wider footballing world and even himself.

And if he's cack we've bought ourselves some time to look for a good future coach.

Win Win.

Improbable.

But a win win all the same.

Whilst NC wouldn't be my choice - to say he is a fraud is tripe. He managed on peanuts and got us comfortably mid-table or above. We probably won't manage that this season despite the millions spent. Had Clough been given that money, there is every chance he would have got us up by now. But you can't relive the past, so CP would be my choice now.

Archived