Next Manager

BuckoBeast

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Maybe so but the grass ain't always greener and all that. It would be a step-up in terms of stature of club, what he can work with etc., but at what cost? He can't really fail at Huddersfield and if he gets them into the play-offs clubs in the PL will come calling. Here he could get in the play-offs and still get sacked. It seems like he's got a bit of a project at Hudders. I don't actually think he'd come.

Any job is a risk but he would have a far better squad, facilities and financial backing at Derby, I don't think Huddersfield would let us talk to him tbh, if they did, reckon we'd be in there. Bigger picture and all that.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, David said:

Any job is a risk but he would have a far better squad, facilities and financial backing at Derby, I don't think Huddersfield would let us talk to him tbh, if they did, reckon we'd be in there. Bigger picture and all that.

Managers always jump the gun in terms of jobs. If they have something good they chase the bigger fish and end up on their arse. Even in the case of Manager of the decade Eddie Howe. He left little old Bournemouth for Burnley and was lucky enough to land back on his feet after things didn't go well there.

We could get Wagner possibly, but if I were him I'd definitely give it the season at Huddersfield at least.

3 hrs before ko we get rid of the manager, is it even reasonable to think Powell changed the line up and formation so close to kick off, with no preparation, or was this how Pearson was going to line up regardless?

Edit: Chris Powell has just confirmed this was the line up pre Pearson.

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

3 hrs before ko we get rid of the manager, is it even reasonable to think Powell changed the line up and formation so close to kick off, with no preparation, or was this how Pearson was going to line up regardless?

Just said that was always going to be the team tonight in his radio Derby interview.

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Sky Sports were insistent that it was Powell's team selection.

Powell is a gent and being diplomatic. This wasn't NPs line up. Fair play to Chris for having the gumption to change things. No doubt that positivity and change of tact rubbed off on the players. Granted, we were playing Cardiff who are in a similar slump but we still had to go out there and do the business. By the sounds of it, Max Lowe played well too so that's a nice bonus. And don't even mention Blackman. I'm pleased for him and hope he goes from strength to strength. Same for Ince too. 

All onto Reading folks. Come on!

9 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Edit: Chris Powell has just confirmed this was the line up pre Pearson.

Team selection all set up by Pearson.

Archived