Pearson Suspended

CornwallRam

9 hours ago, emjlc02 said:

I think you need a trip down Moor farm if you think the club has dropped backwards under morris. Also his first season we finished outside the play offs and then 5th last season.  

Perhaps consider how far forward Darlington moved forward when George Reynolds built them a shiny new 25k seater stadium.  He has the clubs best intentions at heart but it is difficult to argue that the club has not moved backwards since Morris took over as chairman.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Dont disagree mate.. If what happened, happened, then he had no other option. My point is that it was a strange appointment in the first place.. Ticking bomb, just a matter of time. Surely Morris knew he would be challenged by Pearson at some point.

We have gone from rookie with a quality CV to youth coach, to experienced manager with a track record of being outspoken and a bit of a handful. Just don't get it.

Agree Angry...I suspect that following his Leicester experience that NP has "issues with stress" that may precipitate behaviour that is likely to cause a breach of the peace...as it were.

Your point about appointing NP in the first one is a good one. From one extreme to the other...but I knew instantly in my water that it was the wrong choice. As you did too. 

But we are all human. MM is the wiser for it. The club was nose-diving...let's hope we start to return to where we were a few months ago. 

So, in any line of work if your manager steps over a line of treatment of acceptability who do you go to next? 

Surely it will be his boss with an exolainaiton of circumstance and probably witness so they can be dealt with?

If this is the case and some of the senior players have gone to Mel and explained a situation where a managers behaviour crossed the line, then surely they are within their rights as employees to do so. 

Then Mel, as Pearson's boss is duty bound to investigate. If his first discussion regarding the situation led to an outburst/language/attitude/confrontation/ anything out of line then he is duty bound to suspend him while he undergoes a thourough investigation. 

IF this is the case, then the problem doesn't lay with the players or Mel, it sits with Pearson. 

Lets see what the investigation is about, let's NOT start throwing the players or Chairman under the bus because they followed a process that employees and employers follow all over the country. 

3 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Perhaps consider how far forward Darlington moved forward when George Reynolds built them a shiny new 25k seater stadium.  He has the clubs best intentions at heart but it is difficult to argue that the club has not moved backwards since Morris took over as chairman.

You are getting 'the club' and 'the team' mixed up here.

Team performances and league position have both gone backwards, the club on the whole has improved.

Just remember, players/teams/managers etc come and go but (hopefully) the club is here to stay.

9 minutes ago, England Ram said:

So, in any line of work if your manager steps over a line of treatment of acceptability who do you go to next? 

Surely it will be his boss with an exolainaiton of circumstance and probably witness so they can be dealt with?

If this is the case and some of the senior players have gone to Mel and explained a situation where a managers behaviour crossed the line, then surely they are within their rights as employees to do so. 

Then Mel, as Pearson's boss is duty bound to investigate. If his first discussion regarding the situation led to an outburst/language/attitude/confrontation/ anything out of line then he is duty bound to suspend him while he undergoes a thourough investigation. 

IF this is the case, then the problem doesn't lay with the players or Mel, it sits with Pearson. 

Lets see what the investigation is about, let's NOT start throwing the players or Chairman under the bus because they followed a process that employees and employers follow all over the country. 

Superb post...nail on head. MM it seems is merely doing what any decent employer would do in the circumstances...in fact required by Human Resource Policy/ Employment Law. It is an employee's right to make concerns known to the chief officer if they feel that they are being in any way treated in a manner which goes beyond what is acceptable, be that bullying/harrassment or so on. It would appear that there is an issue about NP's behaviour having crossed that line. Allegedly. The Club have suspended NP pending an investigation.  

You guys have wild imaginations of what happens behind the scenes. It's already come out and been reported that it's for NON FOOTBALLING REASONS. Not the results, not the way we play, not the players he selected, NONE OF THAT. Unless you have eye witness reports, stop perpetuating the lie that Mel selects teams.

It's clear that something has happened in terms of the relationship between the manager and the chairman or something that requires time to figure out. Just wait till the club comes out and tells us, these postings of conspiracy theories are making Derby County fans look like idiots.

Pearson has always been sixpence short of half a crown and is known for his volatility.  Taking that into consideration along with Mel's massive ego, it was always going to be a marriage born in hell.  We could all see it, why couldn't Morris?

Very strange.

Anyway time to move on and for God's sake, MM needs to get it right this time, otherwise he will really get slated!

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Please everyone try to avoid speculation. 

Why do you want that? You've got something to hide. I've heard there's been a bust up in the mod room. Can't say for legal reasons exactly why, but there's a split in the camp, and someone's missus, blah, proper row, blah, interference from David, blah, Boycie was furious and talking about going to the papers, blah, be explosive if it ever got out, blah, forum's a shambles.

8 minutes ago, Shang said:

You guys have wild imaginations of what happens behind the scenes. It's already come out and been reported that it's for NON FOOTBALLING REASONS. Not the results, not the way we play, not the players he selected, NONE OF THAT. Unless you have eye witness reports, stop perpetuating the lie that Mel selects teams.

It's clear that something has happened in terms of the relationship between the manager and the chairman or something that requires time to figure out. Just wait till the club comes out and tells us, these postings of conspiracy theories are making Derby County fans look like idiots.

And players have even said they knew who was playing and what system they would be playing on MONDAY.

So if the numpties on here were right, why would Mel suspend him for picking those players AND reverting back to the 433.

MM does not and has NEVER picked a team. Some folks need to grow up.

38 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

the club hasn't moved backwards in any way.

The only thing you can highlight is performances/results, but those are symptomatic of other things, such as player power, confidence and fan pressure.

What is wrong with posting speculation and gossip, that is what forums are all about and provides interesting reading, even if some of it is a bit wide of the mark?  However, some comments could have some solid foundation.  So long as whatever is posted is not libellous I do not see what the problem is

18 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Please everyone try to avoid speculation. 

"Where there is no information there will be speculation and the absence of facts makes room for prejudice."

Not my words but quite apt.

I do understand that the club has a disciplinary process that must be followed and no comment from them can be made that would prejudice or undermine that process. When that process completes I expect we will get a statement from the club.

5 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

What is wrong with posting speculation and gossip, that is what forums are all about and provides interesting reading, even if some of it is a bit wide of the mark?  However, some comments could have some solid foundation.  So long as whatever is posted is not libellous I do not see what the problem is

almost every bit of speculation is in one way or another accusing someone of something, and ergo, potentially libellous or defamatory.

Just now, needles said:

Why do you want that? You've got something to hide. I've heard there's been a bust up in the mod room. Can't say for legal reasons exactly why, but there's a split in the camp, and someone's missus, blah, proper row, blah, interference from David, blah, Boycie was furious and talking about going to the papers, blah, be explosive if it ever got out, blah, forum's a shambles.

I offered my missus to all the mods and there was no takers, I did get a little angry that not one of them was willing to take her off my hands. Boycie was suddenly up for it when I offered to pay for the meal if he took her out, then turned nasty when I started interfering with his meal choice on the menu, I'm not made of money.

Nothing story really.

But seriously following on from Gboro's post and not aimed at you Needles I can't believe people are STILL trying to post rumours or making suggestions of something juicy going on. There is a huge warning at the top of the forum. 

Why are people so eager to start these kind of rumours up and not wait to see what comes out the club in further statements?

Every single one of us want's to know what has gone off, some won't believe a word that comes out the club, they will prefer a different tale of events and that's fine, just don't use this forum to start/spread/suggest your version of events without anything to back these up.

This isn't us being up Mel's arse, banning all criticism of our messiah with Mel defenders super hero spandex suits on, look around there is plenty of criticism that's all fine, nothing wrong with a healthy debate on his tenure here but when it crosses into rumours we have to step in and not just Mel, this also applies to all players, managers, owners, anyone.

Archived