Pearson Suspended

CornwallRam

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, archied said:

Not impressed with Chris Powell listening to his interview , dead mans shoes ,, friendships , loyalty  , integrity ? Always liked Chris Powell but tonight I've lost a lot of respect for him

No-one knows what happens yesterday, apart from probably Mel, Pearson, Idiakez and possibly Powell.

Wow!!! 

Just got in, went on bbc website to check the score and discovered not only had we won but Pearson had been suspended a few hours prior to kick off.

I don't know of any of the reasons surrounding the suspension but I do worry that for all the talk of building something sustainable and giving a new manager time we just lurch from one knee-jerk sacking to another. I hope this isn't the case but I remain skeptical.

Can't believe people are criticising Mel after everything he has pumped into the club.

Yes he hasn't got every decision right and yes he has made some howlers but in his own mind everything he was doing at the time was in the best interests of DCFC. Someone once said to err is human and I bet that if 90% of us on here had his money and were faced with the same decisions we wouldn't have done any better.

A lot of people on here think we have some divine right to be successful but blaming Mel for us apparently going backwards is just plain stupid. We over achieved under MacClaren in his first season and that raised everyone's expectations. After sacking Clough if we had finished 10th that season but been playing some attractive football then everyone would have been ecstatic. Just missing out on the playoffs on the final day the following season would have been disappointing but still seen as progress and then a playoff appearance last season would again be perceived as moving forward. 

Mel is no fool and has certainly learned from everything that has gone on to date. I personally felt Pearson should be given long enough to sort out the underlying issues at the club which despite tonight's result still undoubtedly exist. Mel has probably been as frustrated as us all at our progress this season but I genuinely felt he would still give Pearson the time needed to change things. Something has certainly gone on though since the weekend which Mel has seen as completely unacceptable and this last 9 games has taught him a huge amount about what is required both from players and managers going forward.

Long term Mel will get this club to where it needs to be - now is time to get behind him, get behind the next manager and get behind the players. We've hopefully all been taught a valuable lesson, had our expectations altered and be far more appreciative of what comes next.....

COYR!

27 minutes ago, archied said:

Not impressed with Chris Powell listening to his interview , dead mans shoes ,, friendships , loyalty  , integrity ? Always liked Chris Powell but tonight I've lost a lot of respect for him

You can be quite astute on many occasions. Sadly, this is not one of them.

1 hour ago, GeneralRam said:

I'm correct in what I say.

Mel bought a stake in the club at the playoff final which was where we peaked.

Since then, we've been heading downward and every decision he makes pushes us further down.

I think you need a trip down Moor farm if you think the club has dropped backwards under morris. Also his first season we finished outside the play offs and then 5th last season.  

18 minutes ago, Ewetube said:

Wow!!! 

Just got in, went on bbc website to check the score and discovered not only had we won but Pearson had been suspended a few hours prior to kick off.

I don't know of any of the reasons surrounding the suspension but I do worry that for all the talk of building something sustainable and giving a new manager time we just lurch from one knee-jerk sacking to another. I hope this isn't the case but I remain skeptical.

Nor does anyone else - but some people (the usual suspects) like to pretend that they do.

Top tip - don't read anything that's been posted on here in the last 6 hours, apart from (possibly) the match thread.

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I don't understand your point at all. I would be very surprised if Pearson picked that side.

The point I'm making is its all irrelevant now as to who picked the side and no one should be gloating at Pearsons demise as DCFC appointed him .

Hope DCFC appoint the right manager next time. 

Saw a comment about the reasons behind Pearson's imminent sacking. It's been building up for a few weeks , I won't repeat it because of the notice at the top of the forum and it's most likely bs but if it is true then it opens your eyes that managers are at the end of the day normal people. We think that these people are more knowledge as human beings when they're actually the same as each and every one of us and go through the same situations we may face in our lifetime. Pearson isn't a bad person at all like some make out. From what I gather with Man Utd fans , Mourinho is going through a similar phase with them and is down and easily upset a lot of the time. I think a lot of managers go through similar things, just some are easier at disguising how they are coping.

11 minutes ago, eddie said:

Nor does anyone else - but some people (the usual suspects) like to pretend that they do.

Top tip - don't read anything that's been posted on here in the last 6 hours, apart from (possibly) the match thread.

I don't subscribe to trial by speculation, so I'll patiently await the truth to out from the official channels.

I do feel rather deflated though as I saw the score first and then saw the headline about Pearson's suspension. It was sort of: 

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh............

What?...........

Good god!!!

Just now, McLovin said:

Saw a comment about the reasons behind Pearson's imminent sacking. It's been building up for a few weeks , I won't repeat it because of the notice at the top of the forum and it's most likely bs but if it is true then it opens your eyes that managers are at the end of the day normal people. We think that these people are more knowledge as human beings when they're actually the same as each and every one of us and go through the same situations we may face in our lifetime. Pearson isn't a bad person at all like some make out. From what I gather talking to Man Utd fans , Mourinho is going through a similar phase with them and is down and easily upset a lot of the time. I think a lot of managers go through similar things, just some are easier at disguising how they are coping.

Talking to Man yoo fans makes any opinion you have irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Powell saying that was Pearson's (and his) team selection - if true, that suggests the rumours that it was a falling out with Mel because of team selection are wide of the mark - also interesting that RD quickly mentioned the Daily Telegraph expose straight after the interview - maybe they know a little more than they're able to say....

Hey up Steve

Archived