Pearson Suspended

CornwallRam

12 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

where is Ramblur when you need him?

The company directors (for tax/HMRC) lists shareholders, and a secretary, which is that page there.

The 'decision making board' which is what we are talking about in this instance, is NOT the same, it can be though, but it's not. Where I work, they call themselves the "Exec committee", to differentiate themselves from the shareholders. But both are lazily referred to as the board.

Companies house, it's in beta at the moment so is free to use.  I think you'll find the only directors of the club at present are MM and SR.  Id be very suprised if DW has any influence at any kind of board level.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, England Ram said:

So, in any line of work if your manager steps over a line of treatment of acceptability who do you go to next? 

Surely it will be his boss with an exolainaiton of circumstance and probably witness so they can be dealt with?

If this is the case and some of the senior players have gone to Mel and explained a situation where a managers behaviour crossed the line, then surely they are within their rights as employees to do so. 

Then Mel, as Pearson's boss is duty bound to investigate. If his first discussion regarding the situation led to an outburst/language/attitude/confrontation/ anything out of line then he is duty bound to suspend him while he undergoes a thourough investigation. 

IF this is the case, then the problem doesn't lay with the players or Mel, it sits with Pearson. 

Lets see what the investigation is about, let's NOT start throwing the players or Chairman under the bus because they followed a process that employees and employers follow all over the country. 

Superb post Sir; your assessment of the events is spot on. 

13 hours ago, England Ram said:

So, in any line of work if your manager steps over a line of treatment of acceptability who do you go to next? 

Surely it will be his boss with an exolainaiton of circumstance and probably witness so they can be dealt with?

If this is the case and some of the senior players have gone to Mel and explained a situation where a managers behaviour crossed the line, then surely they are within their rights as employees to do so. 

Then Mel, as Pearson's boss is duty bound to investigate. If his first discussion regarding the situation led to an outburst/language/attitude/confrontation/ anything out of line then he is duty bound to suspend him while he undergoes a thourough investigation. 

IF this is the case, then the problem doesn't lay with the players or Mel, it sits with Pearson. 

Lets see what the investigation is about, let's NOT start throwing the players or Chairman under the bus because they followed a process that employees and employers follow all over the country. 

Yes football managers have been treading a fine line .. What about fergie throwing a boot at beckham? In most jobs that would be a sacking offence although workplace bullying is still not technically illegal except maybe a breach of contract. Anyway we don't know what Pearson has been alleged to have done. 

3 minutes ago, philmycock said:

If my line manager made me work on a sunday I'd probably go to the main manager and tell him how nasty the line manager had been making me work on my day off, or something

Then the main manager would probably accuse you of not following the chain it doesn't work like that

28 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Then Mel, as Pearson's boss

Mel is not his line manager, I wrote earlier in this thread that normal due process was apparently not followed. Unless Pearson is on the board then his line manager is Sam, the CEO.

Therefore MM's actions in meeting the team undermines the CEO and due process.

Archived