Derby v Liverpool (Leicester v Dortmund)

B4ev6is

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't wanna be the sourpuss here but again the thread title is uber naff .. 

lestah ?? 

Dortmund ?? 

Jeeez .. 

What are you on Cumbrian Ram ??

Does anyone in this place create decent thread titles which are ... er ... decent ? 

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Klopp takes all cups seriously and will platy a full strength team. Liverpool have been impressive this season, but their weakness is when they are pressed very high up the pitch. They have been told to always pass it short out of defence and never go long, and if they are hounded they will lose the ball and give chances. That is the way we should be playing anyway, but perhaps this fgame will become a catalyst for the new style if we can do it and it works. Just as people have done against us, given we know they're always going to pass short our pressers can anticipate that, which in turn can give them the edge.

Didnt he play his youth team in one of the cup games last season? Even if he does play them again they will probably batter us anyway.

Through out this thread the topic keeps going back to how Klopp has finally imparted his ethos on his players and they are finally responding. How about we look at that as a positive on this forum as a whole instead of slating Nigel Pearson. How long has Klopp been at Liverpool??? Enough said. COYR

Saw SN on twitter share his article, "What will it take for Derby County to shock Liverpool in the Cup?". The answer is very simple: Multiple Liverpool own goals. 

Klopps comments re DCFC at todays Liverpool news conference:

On Tuesday's opponents Derby, who have won only one league game so far this season, he said: "If I was the manager of Derby I'd tried to use this competition for the turnaround. 

"There is no pressure on them. This game is a big opportunity. We watched as many games as possible of them and they created many more chances than they actually used. They have a good quality, very experienced manager."

What on earth happened with this thread? Looking this afternoon it's completely changed and has B4 starting it when surely Cumbrian gets to stay on and maintain his/her unbeaten run. While I'm well aware that B4 is our leader, in the surely unlikely event that we lose, all blame has got to be placed firmly on the shoulders of whatever mod presumably unthinkingly merged the threads and kept B4's post at the start. Well, that would be my excuse and it should be Pearson's too!

Given the damage has already been done, we might as well go all in and play B4's 3-6-1 too...

5 hours ago, Ninos said:

We have a chance if we add a third central midfielder. In these sort of games Bryson and Hughes always step up a gear because they're premier league players at heart. 

We have a slim chance if we add a  third central midfielder and don't remove any other players and just hope the ref doesn't notice. 

Lets see.............suppose it's 1 all as we near the end of the game.......

everyone thinks liverpool have scored.......but what's this..........referee T.W.Atwell has disallowed it but given a pen!

SAVED by Carson!

Liverpool score again...but...no chalked off because two liverpool players collide with each other.......

then derby break the other way.....the shot goes wide.....

Derby win 2-1!

#carlsbergdontdorefereeingbutgthenneitherdoesatwellverywelll

2 hours ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

No Elsnick, Rawson or Lowe for the U23's tonight, so I think we can assume all are in the squad tomorrow. Vydra and Anya cup-tied too apparently.

Noticed that. I'd Love to see TImi Max given a start.

Archived