Derby v Liverpool (Leicester v Dortmund)

B4ev6is

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen the clubs usual pre match email they sent me. Tonight's charity collection is to raise some money to send a 35 year old mum of 4 for alternative cancer treatment as most doctors have diagnosed it as untreatable. I don't know the lady in question but her story brought a tear and just want to urge anyone to please leave something in the buckets if you possibly can. Obviously we all have charities close to out hearts, some people will give to the homeless whilst others won't and prefer to give to animal charities or whatever. I think though in this case it's a mum of four kiddies who needs help and surely everyone can empathise with this?

Not even sure if encouraging fans to donate is allowed on here so apologies but just found the story so touching that thought i'd do the only things I can to help which is mention it on here and leave a donation myself tonight and wish them all the best wishes and hope in the world.

I am trying to figure a line up with the various knocks and cup tied players limiting choices.

Rawson and Elsnik to get starts maybe ?

who will be up front ? Bent ? Weiman, Ince ?

Will Bryson get a rest and we see Johnson and Butterfield in the middle ?

I am guessing

Christie Baird Keogh Olson

Elsnik Johnson Hughes Ince

Bent Weiman

Klopp says he's watched "as much video as possible" of us. Then says 

"I have worked a long time in my life in the second division [in Germany] and the biggest difference to the first division is very often only consistency. There are a lot of players in the second division who could play in the first division.

is he right about that or what?

All these players we have all of them with the exception of Thorne Bryson and Hughes and possibly Keogh, completely lack consistency. 

Tonight a majority need to start showing consistency in their quality.

spot on Ninos .. you can see it every Saturday on highlights progs .. loads of top drawer skill followed by surprising howlers

You also see it with the better league one clubs .. the difference is a few percentage points a bit of fitness and that word again .. consistency.

Just now, jono said:

spot on Ninos .. you can see it every Saturday on highlights progs .. loads of top drawer skill followed by surprising howlers

You also see it with the better league one clubs .. the difference is a few percentage points a bit of fitness and that word again .. consistency.

I know. You can pick any - Johnson Ince Blackman Bent butterfield Russell - they can't string 2 consistently good games together. It's very depressing tbf. You get the feeling that any of our players could move to a different club and be stars - had a chance to watch Shotton play for Brum the other day - sky 2 game - and what a great centre half he is for them. Looked like Rio in his prime ... 

16 minutes ago, Ninos said:

"I have worked a long time in my life in the second division [in Germany] and the biggest difference to the first division is very often only consistency. There are a lot of players in the second division who could play in the first division.

All these players we have all of them with the exception of Thorne Bryson and Hughes and possibly Keogh, completely lack consistency. 

Klopp is a good narrator and makes some interesting points. Yes a lot of championship players could raise their game and play to a higher standard. However the majority could probably only do it for one or two games and that's why they play in the championship. I think Hughes would have a fair chance of establishing himself in the PL, at the right club playing in his best position. I also feel that Bryson, with his attitude & energy would be a useful squad addition at some PL club.

29 minutes ago, europia said:

Klopp is a good narrator and makes some interesting points. Yes a lot of championship players could raise their game and play to a higher standard. However the majority could probably only do it for one or two games and that's why they play in the championship. I think Hughes would have a fair chance of establishing himself in the PL, at the right club playing in his best position. I also feel that Bryson, with his attitude & energy would be a useful squad addition at some PL club.

This is an interesting point and one which as I'm interested in psychology is something I've still not worked out.

Many times I've seen players at league 2 play cup games against teams from leagues higher and not looked anywhere short of being at a higher level themselves yet the next game when its Fleetwood away the old player returns.

They've proved they can do it against higher opposition so why can't they put in the same level of performance against lower opposition a week later?

Weird

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

We have a lot of consistency in our team, just of not good consistency , rather than good.

Archived