Derby v Liverpool (Leicester v Dortmund)

B4ev6is

Hey guys preasure of us so maybe we can pull of a cup shock i say 2-1 to derby.

I would try a new formation 361

Scot carson

Olsson     alex peace keogh

Bradly johnson

Butterfied

Will huges      

bryson       carma             Russell

Vyda

What do you guys think

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather see this formation

Poom

Powell   Stimac   Carbonari  Darigo

D. Powell   Eranio   Johnson (Seth)

Wanchope Beck Graham

Resting our best players so I'd have bench of 

Taylor, M

Zavagno

Walton

Ducrocq

Smith, T

Junior

Burton

28 minutes ago, Ramchester said:

I'd rather see this formation

Poom

Powell   Stimac   Carbonari  Darigo

D. Powell   Eranio   Johnson (Seth)

Wanchope Beck Graham

Resting our best players so I'd have bench of 

Taylor, M

Zavagno

Walton

Ducrocq

Smith, T

Junior

Burton

That must be the biggest mish mash of players of different eras.... some legends and some horrible flops

Klopp is a breath of fresh air. He wants the ball played quickly and the game played at a hundred miles an hour. No let up. It puts teams on the back foot and creates loads of opportunities and is exciting to watch. Really simple ethos and how the game SHOULD be played IMO.

I actually believe that if we get at Liverpool like they will do to us then it could have the makings of a real humdinger this game. They are going to score IMO so may as well have a go.

With Pearson the jury is still out. He can't really take too much of the plaudits for Leicester's success surely? The foundations were there but Ranieri was manager for the full season and brought in a few key players too and it all clicked. Nobody can say for sure but IMO a Pearson managed Leicester last season would be looking at about 8th place or thereabouts. Ranieri operated without putting pressure on and in a truly relaxed environment. In addition to this, the Leicester players to a man didn't take the p*ss. They were always professional, committed and hungry.

We're going to get absolutely destroyed here, I think klopps finally imposed his style on Liverpool- and they're playing absolutely brilliantly because of it, definately a dark horse for the top 4 this season. Think it'll be great viewing for most football fans, but unfortunately not us as we persist to hoof the ball to our short strikers and leave no strength in midfield once again, all whilst Liverpool cut us open with ease and bang five in our net. But hey we live in hope, we scored a goal who knows what could happen next, maybe even that mysterious thing called a win?! I'd go with..

Carson or Mitchell 

Christie   Keogh   Shackell    Olsson

Johnson  Hughes

weimann      Vydra        Ince 

Wilson

subs: Mitchell or Carson, Rawson, Bryson, camara, Butterfield, bent, blackman

If were gonna have any chance in this game we must track the liverpool players runs very carefully, and make sure we give them no space anywhere near the box, any form of defensive error here will be punished- our back four must be on their toes. We're gonna have to play at an extremely high tempo to compete here, Liverpool do still have some defensively frailties which we could capitalise on by pressing hard and playing quick one touch passing football. Imo Johnson is a must, we need to have a battler here- Liverpool will hit us on the break very quickly and we've gotta be sure to stop them and reduce the pressure on our back four. Let's hope we can pull a cup upset here, but franckly I don't think we could beat the dog and duck right now, yet alone Liverpool...

Klopp takes all cups seriously and will platy a full strength team. Liverpool have been impressive this season, but their weakness is when they are pressed very high up the pitch. They have been told to always pass it short out of defence and never go long, and if they are hounded they will lose the ball and give chances. That is the way we should be playing anyway, but perhaps this fgame will become a catalyst for the new style if we can do it and it works. Just as people have done against us, given we know they're always going to pass short our pressers can anticipate that, which in turn can give them the edge.

In the last few seasons when in far better form we've played Chelsea a couple of times and also Man U, always at home, and I've been embarrassed by our insipid containment displays. We have never threatened victory or even a draw in those games - they were all exercises in damage limitation. I hope in this match the mentality is different and we give it a go.

Selection's tough. Any player not picked is going to be biitterly disappointed, but none more so than Hughes who is well known as a lifelong Liverpool fan and will want to impress against them. Young Will absolutely has to play and if he is inspired he can be the key to winning the match. If Pearson doesn't start him it's a kick in the teeth and he'll be off in January. Ince is in a similar position with a lot to prove against his former club, so this is the game to bring him back into the starting 11. In the previous rounds we're made 7 or 8 changes and had some youth there. Not this time: 3 changes from Saturday with Ince, Johnson and Weimann to come in for Anya, Bryson and Wilson.

Archived