Derby v Liverpool (Leicester v Dortmund)

B4ev6is

3 minutes ago, cannable said:

Depends what you mean by fight. If you looked to the touch-line on Tuesday night you'll have noticed Pearson telling them NOT to press.

The first half , we seemed to be press high especially Weimann and bent . But like you say in the second half we didn't seem to press so high , never saw NP tell them this though ( probably because I'm all the way over in the north east corner )  . Might have been tactical due there quick passing game , being able to pass there way straight through us if we pressed too high . 

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Remind me please, when? Who? 

If I remember right it was Man U at home first leg and young clough was in the stands about to become boss ? Think that's the last time I can remember

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Depends what you mean by fight. If you looked to the touch-line on Tuesday night you'll have noticed Pearson telling them NOT to press.

I was in West so behind pearson and couldn't hear him or see many gestures.

But I did see midfielders take a few steps forward to press and then go back. 

Why would our manager think that was a winning tactic? What was he trying to achieve? 

On 9/21/2016 at 20:35, valleyram said:

Let's get Bradley Johnson sitting in front of back 4 n let Bryso and Will play 10 yards further forward from Saturday onwards , I'm sure results would start improving then 

That would mean having a CF who can play up front on his own and bring the runners into play.

Where are we gonna find one of those?  

Poss Pearson did nt want gaps appearing and wanted his team to get back in shape behind the ball making us hard to pass through and harder to get in behind with pace but breaking fast as a unit ,, whether this is the right tactic or not is another matter but I'm guessing that's what he was looking for ,,, 

Archived