Big wake up call to Tom Ince

Sparkle

Team selection for the last two games has to be a big wake up call to Tom Ince !

firstly Russell is in because of his effort over you in your so called position to be followed by butterfield which should be telling Ince I have to improve to get in the team or I have to get my agent to get me out of here, which do you think it will be by the end of January? 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Team selection for the last two games has to be a big wake up call to Tom Ince !

firstly Russell is in because of his effort over you in your so called position to be followed by butterfield which should be telling Ince I have to improve to get in the team or I have to get my agent to get me out of here, which do you think it will be by the end of January? 

If he's smart, he'll do everything he can to make it work here, as I suspect he's probably got a reputation that other managers don't want on their teams. Unfortunately, football players aren't always smart.

This is a critical part of Ince's career. At 24, if he drifts for another season or so then it will be very hard for him. 

Yes he has talent but he has failed at his last couple of clubs and apart from a stellar season or two at Blackpool, his career trajectory is now pretty flat. Started well at Derby but gone flat.

Much hype, much potential, lots of "best winger in the league" type of stuff, but little actual evidence to justify either on a consistent basis. At the moment he's just another squad player.

Needs to up his game and start producing if he's to stand out.

Was it really to prove a point as some are saying? Or the fact he has done nothing when given the opportunity so far? 

Personally I'd of brought him on last night over Blackman, but he hasn't proven anything to NP to warrant game time more than anyone else.

For me, Ince is such a frustrating player. When he's up for it and giving 100% he lights up the team and creates chances from nothing. When he isn't, he just disappears from the game leaving others exposed defensively. I can see NP being put off by his apparent lack of effort and benching him for that reason. Come on Tom, make the effort and show us (and NP) how good you really are.

i know there are a lot of folk on here who says Ince sulks and doesn't give his all but I always see him working hard.

yes sometimes you can see a scowl when something doesn't come off but I bet half of that is internal self criticism. I'd always have him on the pitch at some point or another. Makes things happen does Tom 

I like the lad, although he certainly isn't his Dad.  The problem with him is he is easily shown inside onto his left foot. Great for him if he can drive a ball on the run into the top left hand corner with players all around him...but he cannot. 

Can anyone remember a good bit of play from Blackman EVER whilst in a Rams shirt? There would have been more hope of getting something from Ince last night if he had been brought on and played centrally. But the substitutions were too late and unimpressive last night and that is Pearson's responsibility.

Archived