Big wake up call to Tom Ince

Sparkle

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only read the first page on this thread but nearly every player we have has been tried and tested at ths level and is able to create or score goals in the championship.

Moaning that Blackman was the wrong choice and it shouldve been ince because we need goals, well Blackman before he came to Derby was scoring.

Butterfield was great player, the list goes on, so stop moaning that Ince was going to be our saviour when all the players we have arnt performing near their potential.

Im presuming Pearson doesnt like Inces attitude, just like he didnt Martins. Both moaners, and that doesnt fit in to Pearsons Derby.

Bent on the other hand. sell him.

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

This is a critical part of Ince's career. At 24, if he drifts for another season or so then it will be very hard for him. 

Yes he has talent but he has failed at his last couple of clubs and apart from a stellar season or two at Blackpool, his career trajectory is now pretty flat. Started well at Derby but gone flat.

Much hype, much potential, lots of "best winger in the league" type of stuff, but little actual evidence to justify either on a consistent basis. At the moment he's just another squad player.

Needs to up his game and start producing if he's to stand out.

It's because his dad has hyped him up that much, Tom Ince actually thinks he's better than what he is.

Tom Ince was only consistent at Derby County when he was on loan and wanted to get away from Hull, ever since then he's too relaxed and couldn't care less. Pearson IMO is doing the right thing with him and making him realise that his place isn't guaranteed and that you need to care about the team more than you do yourself.

Pearson isn't going to let the players dictate what happens, Pearson is the one who calls the shots and if certain players don't like it, he will leave them to sulk on the bench and then get them ready to move them on from the football club.

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

This is a critical part of Ince's career. At 24, if he drifts for another season or so then it will be very hard for him. 

Yes he has talent but he has failed at his last couple of clubs and apart from a stellar season or two at Blackpool, his career trajectory is now pretty flat. Started well at Derby but gone flat.

Much hype, much potential, lots of "best winger in the league" type of stuff, but little actual evidence to justify either on a consistent basis. At the moment he's just another squad player.

Needs to up his game and start producing if he's to stand out.

Just a little fyi, Ince has 23 goals and 9 assists in 68 games for us. Including 12 goals and 8 assists last season. Needs to start producing indeed..

Ince undoubtedly has talent and when he's 'at it' he is usually a hand full. Unfortunately for him, confidence and form seem to go hand in hand.

As a season ticket holder I haven't seen any evidence of sulking, a bad attitude or lack of effort on his part. I just think he is very self critical and demanding of his own performances. I think because he wears his heart on his sleeve he just appears very sullen when he feels his game is off the boil. Conversely, he often seems absolutely overjoyed when his performances are good. 

The question is, in my opinion, will Pearson have the patience or be inclined to put his arm around him and cajole him along? 

Whichever way Pearson decides to go he is the manager and it's his decision. If he decides Ince isn't in his plans then so be it. It's Mel's club now and Pearson has clearly been given free reign to do things his way. There are no sacred cows anymore. We must be prepared to see it through.

In defence of Blackman, sure he missed that gilt-edged chance but at least he got himself into that position. He also had a long range shot that only just fizzed wide. Would Ince have had the same impact? Judging by the lack of impact he had against Newcastle, maybe not. We'll never know. All we do know is that Blackman did make an impact, albeit an unsuccesful one in the end.

Strange that all our players,welcomed to the fold---Ince--Butterfield-Bent--Shackell-Johnson-Camara-Blackman-Weiman-Pearce- 25 million plus high wages,are now showing their quality,to a football manager,and because so much as been spent on average players it will take time to determine,their worth,and we with Pearson will have to show patience..

3 years of investment needs to be examined in game situations,painful but necessary,-

Right with you there @gandalf. 

Plenty of effort just about every game. His occasionally dour demeanour is, for me, down to self criticism rather than arrogance. Whether he stays or goes I just wish certain quarters would stop perpetuating rubbish about his attitude which to me is usually very positive. The moaners are from the same school that don't like fancy dans and want a team with blunt skills. 

Didn't he score 3 against Bristol City last season? And that was after a spell of poor performances when he was getting some criticism. I seem to remember he didn't play particularly well that night either, but scored goals.

Perhaps its time for him to start Saturday again. I'd personally be tempted to start Anya at left back, and leave Olson out, which will make room for Ince.

29 minutes ago, jono said:

Plenty of effort just about every game. His occasionally dour demeanour is, for me, down to self criticism rather than arrogance. Whether he stays or goes I just wish certain quarters would stop perpetuating rubbish about his attitude which to me is usually very positive. The moaners are from the same school that don't like fancy dans and want a team with blunt skills. 

I don't class myself as a moaner but Ince's 'effort' is usually chasing after the ball after he has given it away.

He remains the player most likely to run with the ball with intent. Just needs to work on his end product.

I do think he would gel more effectively with Vydra and Anya than with Bent and Blackman, who weren't much help.

46 minutes ago, jono said:

I can confirm this. We ran into him outside the club store at the ipro last week. Among other things, asked him about being subbed quickly at Burton and his response was professional: "well I didn't play very well, did I".

Good lad with bags of talent but needs consistency around him and he's yet to have a serious run In that central position. Hope he bounces back. With our goal drought an in form Ince would be massive .

5 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Team selection for the last two games has to be a big wake up call to Tom Ince !

firstly Russell is in because of his effort over you in your so called position to be followed by butterfield which should be telling Ince I have to improve to get in the team or I have to get my agent to get me out of here, which do you think it will be by the end of January? 

I think DCFC would like to move him on, but there probably aren't many gullible clubs willing to pay a big fee and unrealistic wage demand. Not sure that Ince is the type to roll his sleeves up to fight for a place in the team. Afraid we have very expensive bench warmer on our books. Unfortunately he's not the only one.....

7 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Didn't he score 3 against Bristol City last season? And that was after a spell of poor performances when he was getting some criticism. I seem to remember he didn't play particularly well that night either, but scored goals.

Perhaps its time for him to start Saturday again. I'd personally be tempted to start Anya at left back, and leave Olson out, which will make room for Ince.

Tom Ince an enigma, lots of talent but he should watch Messi as he does 5 yard passed and doesn't waste energy, Johnny Russell could also do the same, at the moment they are becoming surplus to requirements but with great talent. 

1 minute ago, Andrew James said:

Tom Ince an enigma, lots of talent but he should watch Messi as he does 5 yard passed and doesn't waste energy, Johnny Russell could also do the same, at the moment they are becoming surplus to requirements but with great talent. 

I have a feeling that Ince will be one of those players who only stays at a club for a couple of seasons and then moves on. I thought it strange that Hull were prepared to let him go when they did. At the time they were not blessed with forwards.

10 hours ago, Jon_Grooves said:

Im presuming Pearson doesnt like Inces attitude, just like he didnt Martins. Both moaners, and that doesnt fit in to Pearsons Derby.

Why even have him on the bench then? Why not just replace him with someone who can run fast?

Not only does it leave the team very short of creativity it also means Inces re-same value (if Pearson does want rid) will be dropping by the day.

31 minutes ago, europia said:

I have a feeling that Ince will be one of those players who only stays at a club for a couple of seasons and then moves on. I thought it strange that Hull were prepared to let him go when they did. At the time they were not blessed with forwards.

Not so... We met the release clause in his contract. Bruce was really peed off at losing him.

Archived