Bristol City v Derby

CumbrianRam

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A great pity, and sickening ... but we got a point, away from home when we are in a terrible run of form. Right now everyone(me included) is going "oh ****" ... But a bit of calm reflection ... We made progress. But for some excellent keeping it could have been 1-3 to Derby and we'd all be singing. .. Keep calm and carry on ... It's working ... Slow, not great but better week on week. 

Peeeed off we have Liverpool which will be tough, but maybe that could help. .? 

Well let's see what I can comment on based on what I could see from my seat stuck behind the goal. (This could be ******** to people with a better view)

Overall don't be blinded by the fact we had a few shots on target, although we could have- and should have scored more goals, we were nothing more than average today. The attacking movement was better, but we still didn't really seem to believe we could score, the goal was fortunate and I can't see us starting to bang them in any time soon. The performance was a bit better but the problems remain of a weak mentality, lack of steel in midfield and lack of confidence/ leadership in the team when under pressure. Unfortunately our league position is an embarrassment and imo Pearson will be gone if we don't win next Saturday. I'll try to do some ratings  later but can't really be sure what happened at the other end!

Just now, gazram80 said:

That thing that happened at Preston north end! Remember?? 

I was out of the country! 

Funny story actually, had the text come through that we'd scored, instinctively lept up onto my mate's heavily sunburnt shoulders and sent him in a fit of rage! 

The positives were the defence who looked pretty solid and Bryson who battled hard.

Anya did nothing bar score and we should have put our chances away.

Vydra looked tired after 80 minutes and I think that contributed to his miss.

I hope Pearson can pick him up because he looked devastated as if it was all his fault.

He shows enough signs of talent and I think he will prove a good signing.

8 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Point away from home is always good. Shame we didn't get the 2nd, forwards are a bit rusty I'm sure it will come. 

A bit rusty is an understatement in my opinion!

1 minute ago, jono said:

A great pity, and sickening ... but we got a point, away from home when we are in a terrible run of form. Right now everyone(me included) is going "oh ****" ... But a bit of calm reflection ... We made progress. But for some excellent keeping it could have been 1-3 to Derby and we'd all be singing. .. Keep calm and carry on ... It's working ... Slow, not great but better week on week. 

Peeeed off we have Liverpool which will be tough, but maybe that could help. .? 

Do we have a team to play Liverpool, or is it back to bent and Blackman 

Just now, Sparkle said:

To be fair I did type utter f****** sausage but changed my mind.

2 minutes ago, cannable said:

Funny story actually, had the text come through that we'd scored, instinctively lept up onto my mate's heavily sunburnt shoulders and sent him in a fit of rage! 

Can we get your mate to burn his shoulders next Saturday ha ha funny story.

3 minutes ago, cannable said:

Maybe we should have a whip round to send you away again.

For me ince is to blame we had under control looking good for the one we should have barried those chances. I still think were lacking jake buxton to add steel. Or a adam bolder type signing to add much steal to our midfield a bright point we scored a goal and nearly hung on to all 3 points.

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Thing is, you can be disappointed as supporter, and it's OK to voice that, of course, but when you and your team is in the swamp, trying hard to drain, it they could do with a few less crocodiles. Ask yourself this. Do you feel overwhelmed by the task ?  or are you a crocodile? The first, I get; let's talk about it, the second, I dont. 

Archived