Bristol City v Derby

CumbrianRam

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, McLovin said:

Current form and tactics. The plays are shot of confidence and it doesn't look like it will turn around any time soon. I guess it depends on Thorne. If Thorne gets fit and stays fit, we will be fighting for a top 6 finish imo , if not I can't see it unfortunately. I'm fearing the worst against liverpool, whatever confidence the players had will be completely gone if we get hammered by them. 

Basing it on anything current we will be more likely fighting relegation. Long season but anything else is purely based on hope.

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Unfortunately our two prolific top scorers are now injured.

We just need to get Keogh and Bent to start scoring in the league - they are rampant in the cup with one goal each. We scored 15 goals in one cup game.

44 minutes ago, Raminphilippines said:

We need Wassell back as manager and hope it is not to late for him to return the team to what it was last season.  

Do you remember his first 6 or so matches, and interviews :whistle:  he was vilified on here, as most are after a bad performance.

1 hour ago, inter politics said:

I'm sorry but how many times has stuff like this happened the last few seasons.

I'm watching sky sports saturday and they go to derby where they have conceded a late goal.

We are mentally weak.

Fairly sure Pearson has worked that one out and it won't  be a 5 minute job sorting it out. I'm  confident he will!

Right let's try some ratings as best as I could see anyway...

Carson 5: kicking was ******* awful, constantly pumped it out of play but claimed the ball well to make up for it

Christie 5: went walkabouts a bit but generally closed down well and drove forward well, despite not always making the right decision

Keogh 7: from what I saw he kept them at bay well, but distribution was off at times

Pearce 7: solid defensively from what I could see, dunno what happened near the end tho

Olsson 4: I did struggle to see second half granted, but seemed to go awol too much, and failed to deal with their winger, despite some good tackles

Anya 6: tried his best to bring down the long balls aimed at his 5 foot body, largely anonymous but SCORED A BLOODY GOAL

Bryson 7: lots of energy and drive, made a dreadful decision not to shoot late on but passing was generally good

Hughes 8 MOM: excellent in the first half, passing and skill was brilliant, went off the boil a bit late on and made some mistakes but still a good performance

Butterfield 6: some good play, but understandably struggled to get to grips a bit with his role on the wing- clearly out of position 

Wilson 5: brought energy and harried players well, but was anonymous in the main

Vydra 6: should have scored on multiple occasions, but general play was very good

Subs:

Weimann: 8 good return for him, interplay with vydra was excellent and caused their defence real problems

bent 6: played some nice passes, but didn't get a huge number of chances

ince 5: didn't really have time to influence the game

47 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well let's see what I can comment on based on what I could see from my seat stuck behind the goal. (This could be ******** to people with a better view)

Overall don't be blinded by the fact we had a few shots on target, although we could have- and should have scored more goals, we were nothing more than average today. The attacking movement was better, but we still didn't really seem to believe we could score, the goal was fortunate and I can't see us starting to bang them in any time soon. The performance was a bit better but the problems remain of a weak mentality, lack of steel in midfield and lack of confidence/ leadership in the team when under pressure. Unfortunately our league position is an embarrassment and imo Pearson will be gone if we don't win next Saturday. I'll try to do some ratings  later but can't really be sure what happened at the other end!

You really believe he will be gone if we lose next Saturday?

Some comments on here beggar belief sometimes. If we sack a manager after what will be 9 league games then we will be being run on a similar level to The Dirties and Forest and deserve what ever comes our way afterwards. We'll then have a club which a moaning, whingeing section of our fans will deserve.

13 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Now that's the spirit. I'm going to cling to the hope of 14 penalty awards each match from now till the end of the season !

16. We missed 2.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

Some comments on here beggar belief sometimes. If we sack a manager after what will be 9 league games then we will be being run on a similar level to The Dirties and Forest and deserve what ever comes our way afterwards. We'll then have a club which a moaning, whingeing section of our fans will deserve.

I'm sorry but the results so far have been absolutely ******* dreadful. I'm all for giving managers time when it looks like they're going to sort it out, but the season so far has been a bloody embarrassment- Pearson fails to see the clear problems in the team, he still hasn't added any steel to the midfield to stop us from being overrun, he persists with the bloody long balls and I dont have any faith he's going to sort it out. His team selections bloody baffle me sometimes, why the **** is butterfield on the wing and Ince, one of the best attackers in the league, on the bench! It's not like we don't have the players to sort it out, he just refuses to use them or budge from bloody 442 which is getting us nowhere! Since when do we accept that a season is a 'write off' in bloody September! We should not be 'average' in this division, we should be challenging for promotion- and regardless of how you look at performances, we don't look at all like that's going to happen, so unless Pearson sorts it out soon and fixes the obvious issues, I believe he's on borrowed time

8 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

He will be here for 3 seasons unless he is poached. I'm sure he will get it right in the end.

Archived