Bristol City v Derby

CumbrianRam

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, eddie said:

He will be here for 3 seasons unless he is poached. I'm sure he will get it right in the end.

Depends what targets he has been set.

If it's to get us in The Premier League by the end of year 3 then that is how long he should be given. If it is to have us as an established Premier League team by the end of year 3 then who knows.

1 minute ago, Dcfc10 said:

Why didn't he put a extra man in midfield putting 3 attacking players on the pressure city were at u seen the goal coming. and wot as happened to us keeping the ball we are terrible with it since pearson took over.

I don't think he dare! What if 433/451 makes us look mint again??

49 minutes ago, Alpha said:
52 minutes ago, Dcfc10 said:

Making 3 subs in second half all attacking when your winning pearson's tactically useless.

Not if you're in control and attacking still. 

Plenty of times we've been in the lead banged on defenders, dropped deep and been hit.

Just depends on the game

Nothing wrong with pressing on and trying get that second goal. We were on top and getting the strikers into goalscoring positions.

You can't legislate for the strikers missing sitters though. 

Just now, Parsnip said:

Nothing wrong with pressing on and trying get that second goal. We were on top and getting the strikers into goalscoring positions.

You can't legislate for the strikers missing sitters though. 

*cough*rotherham*cough*

5 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Oooooh it might make a nice change to be involved in a relegation battle rather than a promotion push ! 

Promotion from Division 3 in 1986 was one of the most joyous occasions I have witnessed as a Rams fan.

Just got in and I have to say I think that was a fair result.

First half you were the better side, partly because you looked very good in spells and partly because our players were incapable of finding a teammate. Second half we were the more dominant (not sure that is the right word) side but you looked dangerous on the counter. Fielding made 2 or 3 really good saves to keep it 1-0, but the equaliser always felt like it was coming.

Defensively you looked well organised, and putting 2 on Abraham really made him less effective than normal (as would be expected), and there was plenty of 'gamesmanship' from you in order to try and see the game out.

Did feel we had a big penalty shout at one point, where one of your defenders slid right through the back of Abraham and then appeared to use his hand to push the ball towards Carson, however it happened pretty quickly so I'm not 100% whether it was a deliberate handball or the way the ball bounced.

Didn't think much of the referee today- not that he was biased one way or the other, just seemed to give lots of freekicks for nothing and then turn a blind eye to blatant dragging back of players (both sides) and his decision making when playing advantage was pretty poor.

When you click you will be a very good side, and climb the table. It's just a matter of time.

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Just got in and I have to say I think that was a fair result.

First half you were the better side, partly because you looked very good in spells and partly because our players were incapable of finding a teammate. Second half we were the more dominant (not sure that is the right word) side but you looked dangerous on the counter. Fielding made 2 or 3 really good saves to keep it 1-0, but the equaliser always felt like it was coming.

Defensively you looked well organised, and putting 2 on Abraham really made him less effective than normal (as would be expected), and there was plenty of 'gamesmanship' from you in order to try and see the game out.

Did feel we had a big penalty shout at one point, where one of your defenders slid right through the back of Abraham and then appeared to use his hand to push the ball towards Carson, however it happened pretty quickly so I'm not 100% whether it was a deliberate handball or the way the ball bounced.

Didn't think much of the referee today- not that he was biased one way or the other, just seemed to give lots of freekicks for nothing and then turn a blind eye to blatant dragging back of players (both sides) and his decision making when playing advantage was pretty poor.

When you click you will be a very good side, and climb the table. It's just a matter of time.

I think ur correct m8 good luck for the rest of the season 

34 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I'm sorry but the results so far have been absolutely ******* dreadful. I'm all for giving managers time when it looks like they're going to sort it out, but the season so far has been a bloody embarrassment- Pearson fails to see the clear problems in the team, he still hasn't added any steel to the midfield to stop us from being overrun, he persists with the bloody long balls and I dont have any faith he's going to sort it out. His team selections bloody baffle me sometimes, why the **** is butterfield on the wing and Ince, one of the best attackers in the league, on the bench! It's not like we don't have the players to sort it out, he just refuses to use them or budge from bloody 442 which is getting us nowhere! Since when do we accept that a season is a 'write off' in bloody September! We should not be 'average' in this division, we should be challenging for promotion- and regardless of how you look at performances, we don't look at all like that's going to happen, so unless Pearson sorts it out soon and fixes the obvious issues, I believe he's on borrowed time

I hope he is! Amazing lack of progress so far.

If we manage to turn this around and get to a steady 2 points per game average, we'd still end the season on only 84 points. The Blackburn game will mark 1/5 of the season over. I keep hearing that it will improve but when? We need it soon.

I don't like being a moaner. I hate it in fact. I try to keep a positive mental attitude when it comes to Derby and see the optimism in all situations whenever possible, much to the annoyance in fact of the people I go to the game with. I shut down their moaning because I can't stand it. 

But this is bad. Not just a bit rusty bad, or just not quite getting the luck, but atrociously bad. We're the lowest scorers in the league, and by quite a long way. We've scored 2. The next lowest is bottom of the league Cardiff, who've at least managed 6.The highest scorers in the league are Barnsley with 19 goals.

And we've got two. TWO.

If anything is worthy of a moan, it's these staggering stats. I'm not calling for Pearson to leave, I'm just saying that this is so far below what is acceptable. I understand those who want to stay optimistic and that's fine. That's football, game of opinions and different outlooks. But some people just shut down all conversation, seemingly because they're worried that criticism of the team's performance might flaccidate their raging Pearson boners for some reason. Some people appear to be blinded by these bulging Nige-ons in their underwear and don't want anyone to criticise the rebuild job. Oh wait, no you said it wasn't a rebuild because it's still the Derby Way and it's still mostly the same group of players...but it still needs time to gel somehow...Some of these are the same people that called for Clement's head after 5 games last year despite the fact he had plenty more signings that needed to gel.

Stop the Pearson love-in and open your eyes.

And stop banging on about Leicester for god sakes, let's judge the Derby manager on what he does at Derby.

Archived